World of AI flightplans

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

WhisperJet
Concorde
Concorde

World of AI flightplans

Post by WhisperJet »

Gents,

A very general FS question, I dunno where this could fit best - so it's always E&S... :worried: 0:)

I've been discussing the following with a friend of mine recently: WoAI traffic is obviously always based on summer or winter flightplans. Here's the question:
Does that mean when I run FS9 on a summer day, packages based on winter flightplans will not operate (and vice versa)?
Or are they just using the season at a general level??

Does anyone know? *-)

Many thanks & cheers,

Nick
Noise Abatement? Never.
(D. Maltby)

JohnD
Victor
Victor

Re: World of AI flightplans

Post by JohnD »

Hi Nick

Interesting question. I use WOAI traffic and never thought of that.

I believe that the flights are created on a certain timescale, for example Winter 2010 / 2011 or Summer 2010. These don't change and are used whenever you fly wether its spring, summer, autumn or winter. I've used TTOOLS for creating my own flight plans and the options are hourly, 24hours or days of the week, but I've not seen any other options, but I am happy to corrected.

Regards

John
I have the mind of an athlete, but the body of a spectator.

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Nick,

ALL WOA bgl files will run when you start FS...unless you disable any by renaming (the new name must NOT end with ".bgl" or it will load anyway).

Here is a typical WOA file:-

Traffic_00_WoA_Aer Lingus_Wi06.bgl

You could prevent this from loading by renaming it to:-

Traffic_00_WoA_Aer Lingus_Wi06.bgl.dis

Then it would not load again until you rename it back again.

WOA's bgl files are located here:-

X:\...............................\Flight Simulator 9\Scenery\World\scenery

WhisperJet
Concorde
Concorde

Post by WhisperJet »

Thank you John & Peter, I understand. :)

I'm right now gathering pro's and cons in my AI traffic world. I now run both Ultimate Traffic and WoAI for many interesting airlines are not covered by UT. I'm thinking of de-installing UT as WoAI's aircraft are far better modelled and there's more diversity. Hence the flightplan question.

Last thing remaining now: UT has installed many airport sceneries and I don't want to lose them - this is the last issue I want to sort out.

Best regards,

Nick
Noise Abatement? Never.
(D. Maltby)

emfrat
Concorde
Concorde
Location: 50 DME West of Brisbane, Ugarapul and Kitabul country in Sunny Qld

Post by emfrat »

Hello Nick -
With third-party AFCADS and Traffic, I would expect potential problems with a mismatch between the airfield altitudes in the WoAI Airports file (default MS) and the altitudes in the UT Airports file, which one hopes have been set to match the altitudes in the UT airport sceneries. Symptoms would be the WoAI traffic landing and taxying in mid-air or below ground level at the UT airports. The fix would be to edit the heights in the WoAI Airports file to match the ones in the UT one, so that the WoAI planes would land and taxi on the UT Afcads.

Hope this helps.
MikeW

NigelC
Concorde
Concorde

Post by NigelC »

WhisperJet wrote:Gents,

A very general FS question, I dunno where this could fit best - so it's always E&S... :worried: 0:)

I've been discussing the following with a friend of mine recently: WoAI traffic is obviously always based on summer or winter flightplans. Here's the question:
Does that mean when I run FS9 on a summer day, packages based on winter flightplans will not operate (and vice versa)?
Or are they just using the season at a general level??

Does anyone know? *-)

Many thanks & cheers,

Nick
The difference is simply timings associated with clock changes. AI flight plans are in GMT/UTC. For example a flight leaving say Gatwick at 0800 local time both summer and winter would be departing at 0800 UTC in winter and 0700 UTC in summer, hence the timings on the AI flight plans for summer would be 1 hr earlier to maintain the local departure time.

Nigel

"Speed building both sides.....passing one hundred knots.....V1..rotate...oh sh*t..."

WhisperJet
Concorde
Concorde

Post by WhisperJet »

emfrat wrote: With third-party AFCADS and Traffic, I would expect potential problems with a mismatch between the airfield altitudes in the WoAI Airports file (default MS) and the altitudes in the UT Airports file, which one hopes have been set to match the altitudes in the UT airport sceneries. Symptoms would be the WoAI traffic landing and taxying in mid-air or below ground level at the UT airports. The fix would be to edit the heights in the WoAI Airports file to match the ones in the UT one, so that the WoAI planes would land and taxi on the UT Afcads.
Hi Mike,

up to today I have never experienced any problems of that kind. All WoAI aircraft behave as they should on all airports. I have once observed UT-aircraft touching down before the runway threshold at Schipol but nobody got hurt so I didn't care... :lol:

At the moment my AI-traffic is a mixed salad of UT (70%, mostly major airlines) and WoAI (30% mostly airlines/aircraft not covered by UT). It's got to change and I'd like to have it WoAI-only in the end... *-)

However many thanks for the info - I will take some time to think things over...

All the best,

Nick
Noise Abatement? Never.
(D. Maltby)