Dambusters Declassified - TV Programme

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

delticbob
Concorde
Concorde

Dambusters Declassified - TV Programme

Post by delticbob »

The programme "Dambusters Declassified" was mentioned here as being 'in preparation' some months ago.
It finally went out last night in the regional slot on on BBC One at 7.30pm - Yorkshire/East Midlands only.

Tis here http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00trb2g till the 20th

It is intoduced by Martin Shaw who is a private pilot in his spare time. Sadly it does not tell anything that is not already known, but as it's only 29 mins long, you can't expect much. I was surprised at the condition inside the former officers mess, (I assume), at Scampton, which is now looking very shabby.

As its BBC iPlayer this will be viewable to UK residents only....unless you have the technology :((

Bob
Last edited by delticbob on 16 Sep 2010, 20:09, edited 1 time in total.
I can fly now with my fantastic new PC

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Dambusters Declassified - TV Programme

Post by DaveB »

Tks for that Bob :thumbsup:

Martin Shaw has a very nice Stearman ;)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

petec
Meteor
Meteor

Post by petec »

That is a really excellent programme.

"The Dambusters" (along with "Reach for the sky"), has always been one of my favourite films, and it's a little sad to see some of the romantic myths created in the film disproved, but it takes nothing away from, and even adds to the bravery of the men who took part.

I was a little surprised to see the evidence of the German version of the bouncing bomb, which if perfected, could have brought a 'revenge' raid on the Derwent Valley or elsewhere.

What is truly frightening though, is that the film was released 55 years ago, and I went to see it in the first week following release..............and even more frightening is that it seems only like yesterday :-O
It's better to break ground and fly into the wind, than to break wind and fly into the ground
RAF & Allied Air forces WWII Monument

crisso
Viscount
Viscount

Post by crisso »

Also thanks for the hu - will try and watch it this evening.

Meantime, my personal favourite programme on the Dambusters, was the Secret History one on Channel Four, originally shown as long ago as 1994! I learnt a lot of new facts and saw new film footage from that one.