America's Meanest Airlines.

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

America's Meanest Airlines.

Post by nigelb »

In case anyone is planning a trip to the Colonies, I thought I would post this article which lists the ratings and also additional baggage fees for the lowest scoring airlines. As usual with any type of ranking like this , you have to keep in mind the details of how the survey was conducted and how the results were scored. http://travel.yahoo.com/p-interests-36360593

Nigel²

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: America's Meanest Airlines.

Post by TobyV »

I've never been to America and consequently, I've never flown inside America on any of their regional carriers but the results are interesting with all the famous names in the top 5 worst category and AirTran (didn't used to be the highly dubious Valujet once upon a time?) second best.

Perhaps its a case of those who were bad raising their game and those are well known being complacent?

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

Just watch yourself around those TSA people. No sense of humor or even common sense for that matter. Unfortunately they have rather a lot of authority and can make your life he'll on a whim.
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

I was flying the other day and we had a TSA lady doing random searches at our gate. This gal could have passed as Sandra Bullock's sister...I kid you not. :thumbsup: I was hoping she'd pull me out of line so we could have a nice chat. Oh well, maybe next time. :(

Brian

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

What's a TSA???....Terminal Security Officer??..I'm just guessing ??

I bet there are many who don't know *-)
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

I believe its "Transport Security Administration". The not to so friendly welcome you and your luggage get when arriving in the US these days. I've heard many stories of friends and colleagues getting "grilled" by them when arriving and saying the wrong things (e.g. "I am here for work" as opposed to "I am here on business"). They are also the reason the standard TSA locks are now sold with suitcases, to avoid them taking bolt cutters to your padlock or a knife to your bag to see what you're bringing in. :(

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

There you go :$ ......the problem with just using abbreviations as if everyone knows what they mean :lol:

Why do people in those sorts of jobs use the uniform to bully.that's not what it's about.

Thanbks Toby :thumbsup:
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."