Flight Aborted??

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

NigelC
Concorde
Concorde

Flight Aborted??

Post by NigelC »

Just got pinged on arrival at EGPA for inflight refuelling.

Think I might have stopped too near the fuelling point?

N

"Speed building both sides.....passing one hundred knots.....V1..rotate...oh sh*t..."

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Flight Aborted??

Post by DaveB »

Hi Nige..

That's the usual scenario mate. In reality, you don't even have to stop.. being too close too slow can also cause it to happen 8) I don't know where the refuelling point is at PA but I try and avoid going close if I can help it and if I can't.. I go as fast as I can to clear the area. As the flight was aborted when it was.. I'm guessing it was at PA rather than your departure airport. I've not flown today but reading the front page, I see there might be a new client. Did you use this or the old one? I only gave it a brief read but as I understand it, the new client features only work if you're a Premium/Gold account holder and I don't think we have any. I'm not one anyway :worried:

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

For the duration of the BETA, all features will be available for all users. CBFS may be interested in the black box for your internal integration software as it allows a lot more things to be monitored and I'm sure Konrad has it planned to make that information directly accessible to VA's (since each VA has at least one platinum member who can see all that data anyway). In the meantime, even if you can't see the new stuff after it goes "gold", it's good to upgrade now because whenever you have a problem from now on as long as you're using 2.0.3b or better, I can see all that stuff when reviewing an issue which means I can detect and localize when problems occur much faster and accurately for you guys to know what happened. :)

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Chris :hello:

Tks for that. I've done a couple of flights today on the current non-beta client but as we'll all be going to it at some point (whether as Platinum or not) now is probably as good a time as any to give it a try ;)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!