Snow, Snow...snow joke!

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Chris558
Concorde
Concorde

Snow, Snow...snow joke!

Post by Chris558 »

Very seasonal indeed, but here in Oxfordshire (aswell as surrounding areas) we have become the latest victim of the white stuff, with 6-8 inches. 4 inches fell in about what seemed like just an hour!!

Oxford, A34, A40 and M40 have queues of stranded traffic. :S

Not good for the last weekend of xmas shopping. :(

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Snow Snow...s'no(w) joke!

Post by DaveB »

Yes.. I know the feeling. I've cleared the bottom of my car park and foot paths 3 times. This snow seems impervious to salt too :-O Lot's of fun and games on the hill opposite the pub. Traffic stopped for the red light were unable to start again so had half an hour pushing vehicles.. one being a single-decker bus who'd moved out to avoid a stuck car and got stuck himself! The veg man couldn't get to where he needed to go so we spun him round in the road so at least he could go back from where he'd been. My big food delivery has been cancelled due to plod turning him away. Not sure where that was as traffic has been moving here albeit slowly.

My old Lab loves the snow mind you so she's had a great time making snow angels :lol:

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Snow, Snow...snow joke!

Post by airboatr »

Armageddon!

ianhind
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ianhind »

I gathered things were not too good down there. Looking at the Virtual Radar on the web, Heathrow is obviously closed with a few BA 747 and 777 in orbit or starting to make their way to alternates.

Nothing here yet in Nottingham and overall we haven't had much at all so far this winter.

Be careful!

Edit: East Midlands just got visited by G-VIIG BA 777.
Last edited by ianhind on 18 Dec 2010, 16:26, edited 1 time in total.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

airboatr wrote:Armageddon!

Could be right Joe *-) .......a lot of folks are saying "Armageddon nowhere in this weather" :'( ... :dunno:
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

right mate...

*-) well ..... apparently not for Dave's lab 8) ..... dog angels :lol:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

She's as soft as a sack of frogs mate and has always enjoyed the snow. Wish I'd have had the camera with me this morning while she was 'doing her thing' running round with her nose in the snow creating a big snow bow wave :lol:

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Harry Basset
Victor
Victor

Post by Harry Basset »

My hounds love deep fresh snow too, they can't run very easily so jump over it rather like dolphins in the sea but without the grace. It's the boy Bassets I feel sorry for in deep snow.

DelP
The Gurus

Post by DelP »

The first snow arrived here in my part of Somerset on Thursday....driving the un-gritted back roads across the Somerset Levels last evening was a bit of an adventure :lol:
....and there's always one idiot who thinks he's immune to road conditions :rant:

A few more inches overnight, nothing major....but enough to cancel my works kid's Xmas party...my boy was not impressed 8)

Sunny for most of today so it started to thaw...but now the temperature has dropped the pavements are like skating rinks.

Derek ;)
'My Auntie Mabel told me I'd make a great soldier, though I don't know how 30 years working in a biscuit factory had qualified her to make that judgement.....' Eddie Nugent

Airborne Signals

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Sunny for most of today so it started to thaw
:-O .. I wish 8)
Out of curiosity (and by mistake) I flashed up ASA and FSX for Benson this afternoon and it was pretty life like.. GREY.. VERY GREY :lol:

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage