A few piccies from Duxfords Spring Show

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Kevin Farnell
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

A few piccies from Duxfords Spring Show

Post by Kevin Farnell »

I braved the windy weather last Sunday, to watch the Spring Show at Duxford. I was keen to see the Meteor and delighted that it turned up.
It was quite surprising how much did manage to fly in the conditions and I applaud everyone involved in putting on the show.
Another surprise was the F-86 Sabre - now sporting 'Tiger Stripes@ :-O When I first saw it's tail form the other end of the airfield, I thought Easyjet had decided to take part.
So, if you'd like a look, the photos can be found here

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/k.farnell/ ... 202011.htm

Regards

Kevin
Stratospheric traces, of our transitory flight.
Trails of condensation, held in narrow paths of white...

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: A few piccies from Duxfords Spring Show

Post by DaveB »

Lovely shots Kevin :thumbsup: Enjoyed the Meatbox very much :rock:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Kevin, I was down there on the preceding Friday; a lot going on, with the Catalina doing circuits and bumps, Mr Grey putting the Curtiss Hawk 75 through its paces, the Seafire practising, and a wonderful impromptu display by a Vampire that contined on its way afterwards.Couldn't make the Sunday, but glad the strong winds didn't disrupt the flying too much. I envy you seeing the Meteor. Hopefully she will be there at the September show.

Kevin Farnell
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Kevin Farnell »

Cheers Chaps!
DaveB wrote:Lovely shots Kevin :thumbsup: Enjoyed the Meatbox very much :rock:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
Have a few more, if you're interested Dave.
Paul K wrote:Kevin, I was down there on the preceding Friday; a lot going on, with the Catalina doing circuits and bumps, Mr Grey putting the Curtiss Hawk 75 through its paces, the Seafire practising, and a wonderful impromptu display by a Vampire that contined on its way afterwards.Couldn't make the Sunday, but glad the strong winds didn't disrupt the flying too much. I envy you seeing the Meteor. Hopefully she will be there at the September show.
Thanks Paul

As a 'Friend of Duxford' I always book off the Friday prior to the 'Flying Legends' and 'Duxford Airshow' displays. 'Friends' get free entry on these days and see most of the displays being practiced. Seems you 'hit the nail on the head' on the previous Friday.
Hopefully, the Meteor will be busy this Summer and you'll be able to catch up with her at the September show.

Regards

Kevin
Stratospheric traces, of our transitory flight.
Trails of condensation, held in narrow paths of white...

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Yep Kevin, I'm a fellow FoD. Joined last December, and very quickly recouped the cost by way of free admissions. I just love the place. :)

I'd lost track of the airshow dates this year, and it was just by chance one of my regular visits fell on that day. I'm going to try and get down there for the Friday before Flying Legends, and will in any case be in for the display itself. There's going to be a P-38L there this year.

Anyway, your photography skills certainly put mine to shame. :lol:

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Filonian »

Many thanks for sharing Kevin :thumbsup: :welldone:

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

Paul K wrote:
I'd lost track of the airshow dates this year, and it was just by chance one of my regular visits fell on that day.
And doesn't that always make for the most pleasant of surprises. :)

Most excellent photography Kevin ...... nice shot of that "Hole sucking air"...... with tiger strips.
Last edited by airboatr on 30 May 2011, 20:33, edited 1 time in total.

Prop Jockey
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by Prop Jockey »

Hi Kevin,

Those are lovely photos - I was there too and have one or two photos I'll dig out and add to this thread later. Do you have any good shots of the RVs you'd be happy to pass on to the pilots ? Anything of the pair, especially with smoke on ? The RVs were only supposed to be on static but they filled a gap when some of the lighter stuff cried off due to the wind. Also - the pilot of the Yak was performing her first display, so if you have any of the 52 I can pass them on too. Drop me a PM if you've got anything you'd like to share with them..................

Cheers

Rich

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Excellent shots Kevin and so nice to see them in a decent size...What software are you using to make that display?

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

airboatr wrote:
Paul K wrote:
I'd lost track of the airshow dates this year, and it was just by chance one of my regular visits fell on that day.
And doesn't that always make for the most pleasant of surprises. :)
Indeed! Watching the Catalina clatter round her circuits, being buffeted by the wind, followed by the graceful whistling swoops of the Vampire just made me think...how can anyone not like aircraft ? :Dance: