Looking for late style BEA Rapide for FS2004

The place to request or publish repaints for Classic British Aircraft. Please note... no FICTIONAL livery requests!

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry, The Painters

DaveG
The Gurus

Re: Looking for late style BEA Rapide for FS2004

Post by DaveG »

Glad that's sorted :lol:

If anyone is interested, I'm rebuilding the FSX Rapide to bring it up to current standards like my Auster. Exterior is pretty much done, just needs some texture work. I'm about half way though the VC, then I've got to re-fit the cabin.
Dave G.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Mike :hello:
Noticed the Scillonian paint was very similar to this Beech D18 livery, which if memory serves was a R-R or DH runabout.
Any info on that?
I've no info on her being a runabout for either RR or DH but.. she was taken from the Air Council in 1946 (ex X7442) by Hawker Aircraft Ltd where she took G-AHGC and was with Hawkers until the CoA expired in 1965. Her full detail (or as much as I have, below):

6583. Supplied to the Air Council with military serial X7442. Delivered to 9MU 11.41. Served with No. Signals School 12.41, 18MU 4.44, 16 Wing Hendon 12.44, 18MU 2.45, Hawker Aircraft, Langley 12.45. SOC 30.4.46. Regd G-AHGC to Hawker Aircraft Ltd., Langley [CofR 10026 28.3.46] and CofA no.7591 issued 25.6.46. Later moved to Dunsfold and later still, with Hawker Siddeley Aviation Ltd., Hawker Blackburn Division 18.7.63. Withdrawn from use on expiry of CofA 21.6.65 at Dunsfold. Strangely, the ownership changed to Hawker Siddeley (Leasing) Ltd., Brough 20.7.65 but was said to be destined to be burnt on Dunsfold's Guy Fawkes bomfire on Nov 5th! Mercifully, this did not happen and sebsequently repaired at Redhill and to Blackbushe 1.5.66. To Kenneth Bryan Neely 5.4.66. Painted with Scillonia Airways titles at Booker 5.66 and named Tresco. CofA expired 4.7.68 but reportedly still with Scillonia Airways in 5.70 when the company's assets were sold. Bought for spares use by The Army Parachute Association at Netherhaven in 1970. Cancelled and permanently wfu 16.5.72. Some parts said to be with the Durney Collection at Andover.

There we go sir. She spent a good few years with Hawkers and this could well be the DH connection you are thinking of ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Bridon Bear
The Ministry

Post by Bridon Bear »

DaveG wrote:Glad that's sorted :lol:

If anyone is interested, I'm rebuilding the FSX Rapide to bring it up to current standards like my Auster. Exterior is pretty much done, just needs some texture work. I'm about half way though the VC, then I've got to re-fit the cabin.
Best news I have heard for yonks...... :welldone: :welldone: :welldone:

Look forward to this one with glee Dave..your Auster is outstanding so cannot wait to see the revamped Rapido... :guinn:

BrianG ;)

'Only Birds and Fools Fly'

http://thethriftysquirrels.co.uk

emfrat
Concorde
Concorde
Location: 50 DME West of Brisbane, Ugarapul and Kitabul country in Sunny Qld

Post by emfrat »

Thankee kindly, MrB
I finally tracked down the source of the Beech D18 paint. It is by Peter Watkins, and I would have got it from the Pond. It doesn't seem to be there anymore, but there is a screenshot.
The important thing is it was owned by Handley-Page, not R-R...for some reason I associate the repaint with a scenery for Hucknall Aerodrome, which explains the R-R thing. 8)
Nothing to do with advancing years at all, at all.
:cheers:
MikeW

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Mike..

I've just read your post again and realise (I think) you were talking about the Beech being a company hack for RR/DH and not the Rapide. This, of course, is also nothing to do with advancing years at all.. either :lol: Oh dear.. imagine us all in one room in charge of something important! :-O :worried: :shhh: :wasntme:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Life's a Beech eh Dave !!!! :agree:
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Mike

It seems alot of Peter Watkins fine repaints went astray in the last upgrade at the Pond

I just dropped him an email to see if he can repost them -- amongst them the Handley Page Beech 18

Leif

emfrat
Concorde
Concorde
Location: 50 DME West of Brisbane, Ugarapul and Kitabul country in Sunny Qld

Post by emfrat »

Thanks for that, Leif :thumbsup:
It is so much easier to remember where you got a file when you can just go to your usual haunts and search for it :lol:

:cheers:
Mike