Auster H available at Britsim

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Auster H available at Britsim

Post by DispatchDragon »

Dave Molyneaux and the Auster gang have released the Auster H glider for Fs9 at the Pond, It was a Auster Mk3 modified to a tandem position to offset the missing engine,
Its rather fun to fly and works in Fs9 and was beta tested in FSX (with the usual caveats)

get em while they are hot!!

www.britsim.com

Cheers
s

Leif

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Auster H available at Britsim

Post by Filonian »

Got 'em. Thanks for the HU Leif, and many thanks for the efforts of Dave Molyneaux and his Auster gang. :excited: :hello:

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

A very well done model. Flies beautifully in FSX. :) Many thanks to Dave, the Auster gang, and of course Leif. :thumbsup: I made the big mistake of landing her like a world-class sailplane as opposed to dead-stick landing an Auster...landed short of the runway plowing right through the perimeter fence. :doh: :lol:

Brian

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Brian

Flying it in FSX with an aero tow was a challenge seeing as you can only go in a straight line -- landed out a few times :):):):)

Leif

BTW - the consensus was 43mph yielded about 400 fpm down --- sort of a bit of a brick to fly.

Leif

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Its a bit better than a brick - I think a lot of sim a/c fly just the same power off!
Being of the 'old school' it was bad practice to have to come in under power you know!
Keith

kikko
Comet
Comet

Post by kikko »

Very nice piece of concrete, she glides at an efficiency of approx. 1/15 :worried:
I am a glider pilot and I fly Blanik L13 . Efficiency 1/28 and sinks like a submarine compared to the new moderrn gliders, mainly during straight long crossings and in calm air.
Now I understand the Auster G missing spoilers in the wing. Simply , they are not needed at all. 8)

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Molyned »

No spoilers - totally superfluous :lol:
However, it does have flaps :-O for those tricky landing moments. Seems they just used an old pair of MK3 wings and left the flaps on being the simpler option over a rebuild.
There were a number of similar light aircraft to 'glider' conversions carried out in the U.S. around that time.
Cheers
Dave M(oly)