All our yesterdays...

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DelP
The Gurus

Re: All our yesterdays...

Post by DelP »

DaveB wrote: Thanks for that. I was trying to be diplomatic and not make you older than you are (or as old as you are) :lol:
:lol: :lol:

No need Dave, I don't give a damn anymore :lol:

That's reminded me of being a teen in Weymouth, the RN Shore Patrol had a little office down by the harbour, a couple of Sherpa vans...they were very smart, blanco'd gaiters and belts, big sticks..they were very busy when the fleet was in....we called them the 'press gang' :lol:

Derek :lol: :lol:
'My Auntie Mabel told me I'd make a great soldier, though I don't know how 30 years working in a biscuit factory had qualified her to make that judgement.....' Eddie Nugent

Airborne Signals

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ah.. shore patrol. I've had the distinction of being 'transported' in the front and back of a meat wagon. 'Twas in Gibraltar many moons ago when I was just a wee sprog that I had the misfortune to see in the back of one at close quarters. The ship sailed (for Madeira) and on our return, my boss.. having a sense of humour.. made me shore patrol. The killick reg from Gib remembered me and said 'come on.. you can sit in the front this time' :lol: Cruel but fair.. cruel but fair :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DelP
The Gurus

Post by DelP »

:lol:

Excellent..if you haven't done jankers you haven't served :thumbsup:

Spent one or two nights in the guardroom myself ;)

Derek

edit: a pleasant night out in Richmond, Yorkshire (just up the road from Catterick) was ruined by the Black Watch turning up and causing mayhem. Other Corps and Regiments obviously had to take control and maintain order...a lot of blue flashing lights that night ;)
'My Auntie Mabel told me I'd make a great soldier, though I don't know how 30 years working in a biscuit factory had qualified her to make that judgement.....' Eddie Nugent

Airborne Signals

DelP
The Gurus

Post by DelP »

Not quite all our yesterdays but still..chatting with my baby bro Nigel, 15 years younger than me, a walk along the Quantocks, taken 7 or 8 years ago.

Derek ;)

Airborne Signals

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Ah.. nothing like a walk along the Quantocks I always say ;) Still a lack of happy family shots here I'm afraid.. none that included my sister anyway. Wonder why that is? *-)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

DelP
The Gurus

Post by DelP »

DaveB wrote: Still a lack of happy family shots here I'm afraid.. none that included my sister anyway. Wonder why that is? *-)
That's the reality check Dave...I don't have any pics of my dad...

Airborne Signals

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:(

On that note.. we need a happy shot posted and SOON. I don't have one to hand but I DO have another crap shot I took with my Kodak Instamatic..

The quality of my photography hasn't improved much over the years :lol: This was taken at EMIDS where we took the 1-11 (I think it was AXLM) from there to Beauvais for the day. From Beauvais, it was a coach trip to Paris and while there, around all the things tourists want to see. This was my first time abroad and a number of things stayed with me. First.. I didn't realise Beauvais (or near to it) was where the R101 crashed (there's a monument at the site). Secondly, I was fascinated to see a coloured bloke speaking fluent French (of course, he was French.. via the colonies or wherever) and finally, seeing a horses head proudly displayed in a butchers window made me look differently on the French from that day on :lol:

Got a 'rough' pic of AZLT on the apron at EMA too somewhere :)

Nice to speak to you Derek (I've just been on the phone for god knows how long going through our combined medical problems) :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Thanks for that :thumbsup:

Looks like a Skyways 748 in the background there Dave *-)
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Oh dear.. I wish I'd been 'anorak' enough to have taken more pictures.. even crap ones. Sadly, I can't turn the clock back to that degree :(

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

alemaobaiano
Trident
Trident

Post by alemaobaiano »

I've been putting off scanning all my old photos but this thread gives me a reason to do something about it. Now I know what I'm doing this weekend :doh:

My daughters at a Brize open day sometime in the early 90s.

Nice nose art on a Ten

Main gun qualy shoot at Castlemartin in the early 80s, if you can call 76mm a main gun ;)

Right, now where did I put the scanner??????

TTFN
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. – Terry Pratchett