Navigation in UK/Europe

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Benedettini
Meteor
Meteor

Re: Navigation in UK/Europe

Post by Benedettini »

http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids.html

Update your magvar data... Then its identical with your charts :)
Rust and dust, is a must...

Highlander_821
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Highlander_821 »

Benedettini wrote:http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids.html

Update your magvar data... Then its identical with your charts :)
Already done a few months ago when I found the skyvector.com site. That's why my real world numbers work so well in following the magenta line. But it won't work in EU/UK unless I know which radials I am supposed to fly to be on the airway. The FSX NavLog data is apparently heading info, not radial course info. Useless. Not real world. I'm sure that in the era before RNAV, GPS, INS and all that, at one time UK pilots had to fly airways using just VOR/NDB. That's what I want to do, fly in the UK and over to the continent using the real world high altitude airways without using GPS/INS. I am able to do this perfectly all over north america because I have the charts showing where the VORs are, and what the proper radials are to be on the airway. I cant seem to find the info I need either on the NATS-UK or the EAD sites. Sure, there are charts showing airways, but not enough info to fly those airways with just a pair of nav radios and dme and adf.

I simply cannot believe that airways were ever flown using only headings and dead reckoning.

Benedettini
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Benedettini »

the proper charts that shows the every position MAPPED will cost you some pounds then. You won't find those VFR/IFR charts easily. NATS UK hasnt released any on the site.
That's UK. Yeah,sorry but you won't be able to find (very very hard chance) it around web. But only way is shipment towards your mailbox outside your house :cpu:
Thats also bullshit for me but we gotta live with that. You have to use external planners (either on web or FSCommander type addons) in order to get most accurate (and MAPPED) data.
Rust and dust, is a must...