Flying for Real..

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Re: Flying for Real..

Post by VEGAS »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes mate, just the servo. Quite easy to remove. ;)
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Eddie/Dale..

I re-bound the Bixler today.. this time removing the bind plug with the system still 'live'. All seemed fine. Took it across the common, turned on the tx then connected the battery to the ESC and the rxer light was solid orange (AR500). Flew it around for 10mins then brought it in for a battery change. Left the txer on (I always do).. disconnected the old battery and put a fresh one in and the rxer lamp flashed again. Everything worked fine and I flew it for a further 10mins. It always seems to do this though. First battery is fine.. solid rxer light but on subsequent battery changes, the rxer lamp flashes.

Any ideas?

Nice weather for flying today.. discounting the cold of course. I had wollie gloves on today and 2 batteries was the most I could stand :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

Do you know what Dave, I think my rx does the same.

Must be something to do with the battery being disconnected.

As long as the battery is reconnected and the tx pairs up as normal, I can't see any issue. :dunno:

Dale probably needs to come in at this point and give us both some advice. :lol: :lol:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol:

OK Mate. I'm pretty sure the fms system did this too... first connection solid green.. second connection, anything goes. I had the Bixler some way off today and it remained responsive throughout. In fact at one point.. I had it so far away, I couldn't tell which way it was going! Silly boy :lol:

Another fair day forecast tomorrow but it's -2 already so not sure I'll be venturing out :worried: The common is a mixture of frozen solid and quagmire so I have to be careful where I land. A nice tarmac runway would be nice :)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

Good stuff mate. :)

I've often done that, where, your so far and high, you lose orientation for a few seconds.

Just takes a few moments to readjust and settle back into it.

I watched the James May Toy story documentary today.

The one with the RC glider from Ilfracombe to Lundy.

Absolutely loved every minute of it! :tunes:

It's inspired me to fly the Radian tomorrow. *-)

Might even put the camera on, especially as all the hills around us are white with snow.

Standby your beds for some vid tomorrow. :rock:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Works for me mate.. looking forward to seeing it :thumbsup:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Enjoyed that episode of James May myself Would like to have been able to get some time on the laser cutter Could get some models cut out in no time :rock:
Cant help on the binding of the Spectrum kit The Futaba on the other hand is a doddle Switch on trannie, switch on receiver, press the tit on the receiver, red light flashes then goes green. Bobs your knob job done ;)
ATB
Dale
Image Image Image

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

Just sat down to have a look at the film from todays flights.

Seems that its only recorded the first 8 or 9 seconds then gone off. :rant:

I've no idea why. *-)

Think I'll hard reset the camera.

Done this before and always when its been a nice flight.

Typical! :'(

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Rgr that mate ;)

Didn't get out today. Freezing fog this morning and at it's warmest, it's been -2 here all day. Too darned cold for me amigo :| Similar forecast for tomorrow too but I might.. if I can keep the good lady at bay for a while.. put the other new receivers in the SCub and Mustang and bind em up ready for the off :)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Bound the SCub up to my remaining AR500 this afternoon and as the temp had risen to a heady 0deg, I've just taken her out for a quick couple of batteries :) Noticed on PFC's the right aileron servo is sticking. Not sure if this is because it's old and not been exercised for some time or if like me, it neither wanted to be left in the shed or out over the common in the cold :lol: When happy it was moving, I launched and watched the old girl climb high up into the afternoon sky. Quite a strong breeze above around 100ft and she was barely moving at times. Too strong for it really but this old gel has seen worse I'm sure.
Landing was quite easy due to the wind.. had I thought more about it, I could have probably grabbed her without her touching the deck :lol: Still.. I didn't and the frozen ground saw off my makeshift belly skid :| The sticky on the velcro obviously wasn't keen on the cold either and just let go. I'll have to have a rethink on how to make something more permanent. Should have put the gear on and used the canal as a runway.. it's frozen solid! That said, with the wind coming from the east at the moment and at the strength it's at.. the canal as a runway is out.

Not sure what to do about the aileron on the Cub. After I'd changed the first battery, I noticed it sticking again.. a quick tap on the aileron itself had it working once more. I don't want to start farting around with it if possible as this mod was done by Dale.. standard Cubs don't have ailerons. Should the worst happen, I still have the rudder.

Looking outside, it's trying to snow again.. a heavy drop forecast for tomorrow :( Wonder if they do a ski set for the Cub *-) :lol:

ATB
Dave B)smk
ImageImage