Flying for Real..

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Flying for Real..

Post by Vc Ten »

Sounds like it may be the servos getting a bit iffy. Try disconnecting the linkage and wan*ing it to and fro on the trannie. check the hinges arnt sticking check the surface for free play with the servo linkage still disconected The servo is only gooed in with silicon mastic, should come out ok if needed I think its a SG10 ?? bout £2 from GS
No flying here too cold by far Been flying the Blade msr round the house
ATB
Dale
Image Image Image

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Cheers Mate.. I'll take a look tomorrow ;)

Agree on the cold. The wife noticed the frost had suddenly cleared off the front garden but it sure wasn't warm! Couldn't believe the winds aloft either. Pretty calm down on the deck and no noticeable movement from the tree branches. The poor old girl was almost motionless with a goodly degree of throttle dialled in a few times. Never seen that before :-O

Somethin else I noticed today when plugging the wires into the AR500. I had to shave a 'key' off the aileron plug before it'd fit into the receiver. Fitted the FMS fine and the 27mhz PKZ rxer too so I'd not really noticed it's a Futaba plug :lol: Mini Swiss Army knife always at hand in my pocket had it sorted in seconds ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Nice change in the weather today and decided to take the chipmunk for a spin or two to get the feel of a "heavy" again
Engine hadnt run since before christmas but a quick prime and she started first flick :thumbsup:
Taxied out and the breeze was nw straight down the strip. Checked all surfaces and trannie switches then a quick full throttle to clear her throat Then let her roll forward before opening up and holding her straight with the rudder. Up and away nice and straight and round for a few circuits to get the feel again Few aerobatics and then just flying round scale like which she does best . Brought her into land after 10mins or so, fingers getting a bit cold by then, and a good first landing, holding her on the main wheels before pushing the tail down Had another couple of flights without any problems
Looking forward to a better "real " flying year
ATB
Dale
Image Image Image

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hello Mate :hello:

I looked at the weather today and thought seriously about going out. Did some chores around the house and started the bike for the first time in months instead. The old girl fired first touch.. no hesitation :rock: I was surprised to find when I took the cover off last week for the first time in months, it wasn't a rusting heap either. Perhaps my luck's in for once :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

Weather's been nice here too. Perfect for flying. :)

So what did I do?

I sold one of my planes! :lol: :lol:

Garage is in the process of being tidied up in preparation for some building work.

So I said goodbye to the Wildcat today. Sold for £70 to a local gent who's well into his ic engines and large models.

Turns out he wanted a Wildcat for some time, just as a bit of fun park flyer.

To be honest I have grown apart from the Wildcat and much prefer flying the P-51 when I take a war bird up.

Its a little bit sad really as she was in good shape and we've been through quite a bit together. But the time was right. :wasntme:

Might take the Stryker up in the morning if its half decent. *-)
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hello Mate :hello:

If you're anything like Dale.. you'll buy 2 to replace the Cat :lol:

Yes.. the weather was glorious here today. Had it not been a weekend and the troll's were about.. I'd have been up. Could have gone out early but the morning would have ended in rushing and I couldn't face that :lol: Already -1 here so we'll see how brave I feel in the morning :worried:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Lovely day today and with rain forecast for the next few days.. I couldn't afford not to go out. Took the Bixler out for an hour :rock: Funny light though before mid-day. I lost it once for what seemed like a lifetime but was in reality, probably no more than 4 or 5 seconds. I had it up really high sitting on the breeze and half a dozen or so sea birds came over and circled straight in my line of view :-O Thank god it wasn't the Mustang :lol:

Went out yesterday afternoon (Mon) too for a short while but didn't stay for a full battery. The breeze aloft was surprisingly strong and I feared I'd not get it back. One learns after a while that it's better to go home with everything in one piece :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

A fine morning today and as I'm not at work.. I dragged the Bixler out and threw all my batteries through it on the short cct behind my house. Lost it for what seemed like an hour and it was probably no more than 4secs.. saw something in the corner of my eye and foolishly turned to see what it was then realised what I'd done and paniced :lol: No real need to panic as part of the reason I lost it was because it was so high so no danger of a coming together with the ground :lol:

May drag the ASW28 out while the 11.1v's are charging.. I'll see :)

Hope you guy's are managing to get a little air time too. How's that 1/4 scale Cub of yours Dale.. did you manage to get the fuel prob sorted? Any news on the CAP yet?

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Been having some success with the cub of late, think ive got the mixture sorted its just so much more critical setting the carb when using petrol and having the perry pump just adds to the complication The other problem was it just needs running in. The engine was getting hot as hell but now not as hot afer a run, but im running with the cowl off for the time being. Had half a dozen flights this morning and all went well she is a big bird in the air and flys very scale sound quite good too, allowing for the fact its a 2 stroke Landings are a doddle although you have to take into account the wingspan Bit off the center and you will wipe out eveyone elses models :lol
Not had the Cap up yet but got a electic starter to make things easier ( watch this space) ;)
ATB
Dale
Image Image Image

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

That's good to hear mate :thumbsup:

Perhaps a little too windy to fly this morning (it's outside my comfort zone anyway) but another fine day so I'm thankful for that. I've even considered getting the bike out but having checked it's MoT cert yesterday, I found it ran out last month so I've got to try and fit one in with work. Work can be so inconvenient at times can't it :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage