Flying for Real..

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Re: Flying for Real..

Post by VEGAS »

Went up again at Dusk Dave.

Took the Hawk up this time.

Getting into the Aerobatics. I had a bash at a negative G loop. See at around 30seconds in.

Only a short clip this one. :lol: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe_FXoT7MBQ
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

That's an interesting techinque Eddie. It looked like you tried to loop a couple of times and it didn't want to go over the top so nose down and go the other way :lol: A much less windy day by the looks of things. The pictures from that minicam are quite good aren't they ;) How can I sneak one of those in I wonder? *-) :lol:

Have you ever flown a model out of range? That's another fear I have :worried: I guess as long as you can see it, it can see the transmitter :) I feel like a bloody kid now.. I can't wait to have a go with the Champ :lol: I fancy a Blade too! :worried:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tako_Kichi »

Just make sure you read and fully understand how to charge and take care of those LiPo batteries Dave. They can and will burst into flames if charged/handled incorrectly. :doh:

I found this page useful when I was thinking of getting a RC chopper....

http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/rc-lipo-batteries.html

I never did get one, oh well another time I guess. :wasntme:
Larry

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Err.. Larry. You know full well who's birthday falls a day or so before mine. Don't think about the flames.. think about the fun you'll have setting your house on fire too :lol:

The 'spare' batteries I bought are obviously cheapo versions.. 3 for less than £7.50 when a 'proper' E-Flite battery costs almost a tenner on its own so I'll keep the 'burst into flames' scenario in mind :thumbsup: Maybe the canal will come in handy to dowse the flames! The Champ should float as it's foam and I'll send the Labrador in to retrieve it ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Techy111
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by Techy111 »

Dave remember what you told me ages ago about RC taking up time and money ? Well yes on both counts lol
That's a great little trainer your getting but I bet you go bigger in no time :-)

Eddie love your camera work :-) my Spit is 68" and took 4 months to build and yes Dave i haven't had the bollox to fly it yet lol , I do ic to electric conversions , don't like noisy engines and my flying field is leccy only , the Lysander will be 70" but that's on hold as I've started a 70" Dhc1 chippie , my fav a/c , I also own a 1.7m P51d and an Mx2 by St Models and also an Fw190 also by St Models , I've crashed a few but am still learning but love every minute of it :-)
Dave , if you want any help I think you still got my email addy ? Drop a line and I'll drive up to you ?
Now you can see why I don't sim anymore lol

All the best

Tony
The last surviving and complete Vickers Vanguard....."Superb"
ImageImageImage

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

A couple of years ago I bought a Walkera 22#E chopper.
Model looked fine & is supposed to have a gyro stab fitted. Only trouble is I found it very twitchy & very easy to damage if having a heavy landing (Which I did a lot!). I bought spare blades as these get damaged very easy on heavy landings & now the tail rotor arm ( an aly tube) is bent due to being hit by a blade. So its sitting here very forlorn & I ve lost interest......
They make it look so easy in the sales videos!!!
Good luck Dave in your new life & abode - I wish you well.
Keith

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

Hi Keith

I couId imagine your frustration.

I bought a small micro copter last year and found it a little bugger to master! :)

Flying helis is a totally different ball game to fixed wing aircraft.

And usually much more catastrophic when crashes occur.
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Yes.. I can imagine the 'demo' vids on Youtube are flown by folk rather more qualified than a novice. Still.. they're very tempting :lol: The beauty of the 'Champ' (so the blurb goes) is that because it's so light, it can't build enough inertia to do itself great damage. Of course, continued 'small' damage will have the same effect so I hope to avoid that :lol:

I can't believe you've not flown the Spit yet Tony. You very nearly went to the top of my 'hero' list :lol:

Keith..
Thanks for that. I went to Brooklands for what I hope isn't the last time today and today is our last day of trading. It'll be odd getting up in the morning and NOT having to prepare to open :worried:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Hot_Charlie
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Hot_Charlie »

DaveB wrote: The 'spare' batteries I bought are obviously cheapo versions.. 3 for less than £7.50 when a 'proper' E-Flite battery costs almost a tenner on its own so I'll keep the 'burst into flames' scenario in mind :thumbsup: Maybe the canal will come in handy to dowse the flames! The Champ should float as it's foam and I'll send the Labrador in to retrieve it ;)
A LiPo bag is decent investment IMHO! I always put my LiPos in them when I'm charging them!

LiPo Bags

Obviously being the UK we pay a premium, but again, there's a well known Brit run Hong Kong based shop which does them far cheaper if you're getting other items (to make the postage justifiable!). :)
Charlie

[Intentionally Blank]

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:-O :-O

Deary me HC.. I didn't think the problem was so serious. I'd better not tell SWMBO :worried:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage