Flight sim 10 acc

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Captain Pugwash
Lightning
Lightning

Flight sim 10 acc

Post by Captain Pugwash »

just a quick question for those who have or not installed fsx acc, having insalled fsx and sp1 and sp2 what would acc give me. Some payware aircraft sites recommend that accel be installed. if i don't want to try and find accel on the internet for those 30 some extra mission's. have i still got something missing ?
got fsx running great with no stuttering and the REX textures, just need to know what scenery would bring it more life like. tried to find horizon scenery north wales demo, but alas no joy.

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Flight sim 10 acc

Post by Tako_Kichi »

In addition to the extra missions (which you probably won't use anyway) you get the P-51 racers (only good for racing as they are fuel restricted), F/A-18A Hornet and the EH-101 helo. You do however also get more functionality in the form of turbo-charged engine simulation thanks to the P-51's. Some aircraft need Accel for the turbo-charger features and others need Accel for the HUD from the Hornet while some helos need the data from the EH-101.

You also get extra scenery 'goodies' at a number of locations around the world and the ability to do carrier traps and cat launches on moving carriers.

More info can be found here...

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ptaylor/archive ... th-it.aspx
Larry

~swarovski~
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by ~swarovski~ »

Tako beat me to it. I've only been using the SP1/Sp2 non Accel version for the last few years. Only recently due to reinstall did I get the Accel pack off Amazon and go with that.
The turbo thing is a big plus for me as it effects the A2A Stratocruiser turbo's. And I'd like to do some carrier take offs and landings.
Also I think Edwards airforce base has a major remodel.

If you're reinstalling I'd get it for future functionality (and payware compatibility), if not I'd wait until you do?

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Hi Captain,
I bought it on ebay because I could not buy direct from MS. The guys above forgot to mention another advantage: you get the chance to mow the grass while FSX loads. Acceleration really put the brakes on my near new system.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

I think it's equally accurate to say that you can watch the grass grow while FSX/Acc loads Mike let alone cut it :lol: That said.. once the first load of the day has been done, the process is quicker on subsequent loads.. much as FS9 is ;)

Something to remember David.. remember to uninstall SP2 before you try and install ACC otherwise nasty things can happen. SP1 is fine left where it is but SP2 MUST come off as it's hard coded into the ACC install ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

Or buy FSX GOLD, it can often be found for a song. I bought FSX when it first came out for $79.99, last year I picked up GOLD in Best Buy for under $30. I figured it was a good fail safe in case the discs went faulty on the first one, PLUS and I was way off with this one, I thought that I might ba able to have multiple installs as per FS9. Wrong on that count. Furthermore, it is a rare event to see any FSims let alone FSX on the shelves of stores these days.
Alex

emfrat
Concorde
Concorde
Location: 50 DME West of Brisbane, Ugarapul and Kitabul country in Sunny Qld

Post by emfrat »

:rant: I knew FSX would not allow multiple installs as FS9 does, but I didn't know it won't even let you do it after you purchase a second user licence. That really stinks. :((

MikeW

GHD
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by GHD »

emfrat wrote:I didn't know it won't even let you do it after you purchase a second user licence. That really stinks. :(( MikeW
Of course it allows multiple installs.
George

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

How does it manage multiple installs then? Do tell, I have tried using the technique as per FS9 and it will not work. As stated I have an original FSX pre Sp patches and FSX Gold, therfore 2 serial numbers. The serial nos are only requested after an install IIRC and only when you are requested to activate the product.
Alex

GHD
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by GHD »

The trick is to copy the FSX tree to another location and uninstall before re-installing.

Of course, the entries in appdata will apply to both installations.
George