FSX.CFG

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Captain Pugwash
Lightning
Lightning

FSX.CFG

Post by Captain Pugwash »

where do i find the fsx.cfg file and how do i get to it using win 7.

DarrenL
Concorde
Concorde

Re: FSX.CFG

Post by DarrenL »

Captain Pugwash wrote:where do i find the fsx.cfg file and how do i get to it using win 7.
c:/{your name}/appdata/roaming/Microsoft/fsx/

You may need to turn on "show hidden folders and files" which is under Organize, Folder & search options, view tab on any windows explorer window.

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tako_Kichi »

You may want to un-check the 'Hide known extensions' check box while you are doing what Darren suggested too. You need to be able see if a file is a .txt, .exe, .cfg etc. I've always thought MS came up with a stupid idea when they made the extensions hidden by default.
Larry

Captain Pugwash
Lightning
Lightning

Post by Captain Pugwash »

thanks chaps for the info, changed the fsx.cfg file and now wondering what else to improve the sim. tried the updated nvidia driver but removed it due to graphic's issues with other sim's i have and play with.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Don't be afraid to delete FSX.cfg and let the sim build a new one, Capt Pugwash. It can sort out a lot of problems. I did it last weekend because two FS9 port-overs would not accelerate to beyond 60 mph and so couldn't get off the ground. Deleted FSX.cfg, and rebooted FSX - problem solved. :)

You will know when you have deleted FSX.cfg successfully because you get that dreadful music next time you start the sim up. :lol:

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris Sykes »

There is the sites that allow you upload your cfg file and make recomendations etc...

http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html