Fluff movie. Warning: Boeing content.

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Fluff movie. Warning: Boeing content.

Post by speedbird591 »

I've just been messing about with FS Recorder, Fraps and Windows Movie Maker to try out some camera angles in FSX. This is an early attempt but I thought I'd post it in case anybody was bored. It's a bit of fun.

Ben - I warn you - DON'T click this link! :rofl:

http://youtu.be/Eth8Nzh_lBc

Ian :)

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Re: Fluff movie. Warning: Boeing content.

Post by Airspeed »

Hi Ian, :hello:
I don't think you're doing it right - aren't you supposed to lurch off the runway on landing if you missed doing it on take off?
After all, VFR does stand for "Veer off the F.. Runway" doesn't it?
Interesting to see some recorded shots, mister. Are those fancy fade - outs standard, or is that another of your skills? Sounds like you've edited using various programmes.

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

Hello Mike. You'll have noticed that I didn't flare early enough and did a bit of bounce but still kept it in a straight line :$ Anything worse and you wouldn't have seen it! :lol:

A year or two back I managed to successfully put a few minutes of video together in FS9 - mainly at Kai Tak, as it's about the only add-on scenery I use ;) But FSX brought different challenges, which I decided er, not to accept :lol: Anyway, I recently decided that screenshots didn't do justice to some of my aircraft so I thought I'd have a fiddle and see what I could do about it. I've still got a lot of fiddling to do...

FS Recorder is a freeware program that is more sophisticated than the Replay option in FS. It also gives you the opportunity to create new camera views and even replay your flight as traffic - giving you the opportunity to then fly with yourself in formation. So you can replay your flight and then choose which sequences to video and from different angles.

Fraps is the recording program which 'films' the on-screen action and you can toggle it on or off during replay. The freeware version limits you to 30 sec recording sequences and a small text banner on the top of the screen. The payware version obviously has no restriction.

Windows Live Movie Maker is a free download from Microsoft. You just drag and drop the disjointed fraps video sequences into the Movie Maker window and use the tools to trim them, splice them together (using special effects) and edit them into a single movie. When that's done you upload the movie to YouTube which also gives you some basic tools to enhance (or more likely ruin) your masterpiece.

Ian :)

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Lol, your camera work is excellent, even if the subject matter should be wearing a "Heinz 57" wrapper :lol:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Tomliner
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Tomliner »

Didn't think it would long before Ben responded! :lol: EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Thanks Ian,
Already had FS Recorder, and have now downloaded Live Movie Maker. Hadn't looked at FRAPS, but I may do so soon.
Great work all round, and thanks for sharing.
If you did bounce, it was lost on me.
I can generally make a passable take off and landing in a light aircraft, but those heavies are a handful, so I stick to what doesn't embarrass me too much.

Oooh, those pesky jokers Ben and Eric, can't they see we're having a seri - arse discussion here!? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

TSR2 wrote:Lol, your camera work is excellent, even if the subject matter should be wearing a "Heinz 57" wrapper :lol:

Maybe you'd like to paint up some Heinz Boeing 737 in all 57 varieties :lol:

Cheer up mate, another 737-600 was flown the Kemble this week for scrapping and Lufthansa stuck another in storage :thumbsup:
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

TSR2 wrote:Lol, your camera work is excellent, even if the subject matter should be wearing a "Heinz 57" wrapper :lol:
I warned you! Just because it's your forum, there's no need to act as if you own the place! :lol:

Well, as soon as I get me hands on a 146 in China Eastern flavour I'll do a video of it in British Hong Kong :thumbsup:

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Lol, you did warn me.

I'm very much waiting to get my paws on the 146 too, but the first batch is the RJ's only. Its begging for a Titan paint, and a Danair, and a BAe house and.. :)
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Tomliner
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Tomliner »

You are very brave Ian.I'd be embarrassed to show my take offs and landings to anyone! :agree: EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!