Broken Links?

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Ralphc
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Broken Links?

Post by Ralphc »

Hi All :hello:
Got a slight problem. Been 'trawling' through the Forum and I've noticed that quite a few of the 'links' to aircraft or other sites don't seem to be working (for me at least :( ) An example is the 'Electra Thread' (the panel by Fraser and it's subsequent update) posted March 2010. I get the dreaded 404 page :worried: The Dart Herald is another one. although that was posted in 2008. Should've mentioned...This is on the 'New Releases & Support Members Only' Thread BTW...I'm logged in too. :dunno:

Just wondering if you're aware of it there? Hope you don't mind me mentioning it.
Best Wishes
Ralphc

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Broken Links?

Post by DaveB »

Hi Ralph..

Sri about this.. it's probably a consequence of our server change. We're a mixture of .org and .co.uk and I'm not sure where these were. I've changed the address but still get a 404. One for Ben me thinks :worried:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Ralph,

Could you post some examples of the broken links please? Certainly links to ther sites should work, we have no control over that content though. As for the cbfsim.org / cbfsim.co.uk, some of these may have change and need updating. If you can show me the ones your having trouble with, I'll try and get them sorted. :cpu:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Ralphc
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Ralphc »

Hi Guys...
Thanks for the quick response...I'll send the info needed. No problem :thumbsup:
Best Wishes
Ralph

Ralphc
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Ralphc »

Hi Ben & Dave...
Sent you both a PM with the links. Hope it helps :worried:
Thanks
Ralph :)

Viscount Cornbank
The Gurus

Post by Viscount Cornbank »

Hi Ralph,

The thing to watch about some of the new releases, certainly mine, it that they are often temporary pending a full release or prior to going the the main flightsim sites. I seem to remember withdrawing the electra as it was supersceded by a final release at flightsim.com, which is where you can get it now. ;)

cheers

Fraser

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Cheers Fraser, I have the F27 which I've uploaded to the library for Ralph, can't find my copy of the Electr though, so I'll go and get it from Flightsim :thumbsup:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Ralphc
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Ralphc »

Hi Fraser...
Thanks for the HU. I'll keep a check in future... :) I think I may have the latest Electra.. V 5.2? Got desperate and went to FS.Com...So wasn't sure if it was the definitive version *-) Worth mentioning (whilst we're here) that I'm running FSX...and it seems to work fine BTW. Despite it being for FS9. I Seem to have sorted the 'Sprite' smoke. As usual, brilliant Panel. Really enjoying it. Thanks. :)
Best Wishes
Ralph