F27 Panel Behaving Oddly

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Ralphc
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

F27 Panel Behaving Oddly

Post by Ralphc »

Hi All... :hello: .

A query regarding the F27 V 6.0 May 2011 Panel.

Has anyone else experienced the following? I'll try to keep this understandable :$ When flying, suddenly the 'icons' disappear and most of the 'Pop ups' GPS/AP/ Side Panels/Throttles etc disappear behind the Main Panel? What happens is, when I try to find them, I'll use the drop down menu. Both the 'Main Panel' & 'Zoom Out' headings are ticked. Click on the 'Zoom Out' heading and the main panel disappears...there are the 'pop-ups' GPS etc. Clicking on the 'Main Panel' heading seems to have little effect. :worried: Linked to this, when the Main Panel isn't visible, and the GPS/AP or whatever is clicked, and 'Zoom Out' is clicked..they come back to the fore,(in front of the main panel) and all seems normal. Again, no need to 'click on 'Main Panel'

I'm using FSX ..this version is OK with FSX it mentions in the link on our site. It's all very confusing *-) This is a brilliant AC and Panel otherwise. Just this anomaly. Which is difficult to explain...and fathom out. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
Best wishes
Ralphc

Viscount Cornbank
The Gurus

Re: F27 Panel Behaving Oddly

Post by Viscount Cornbank »

Ralph.

This panel is for FS9 not FSX. FSX treats the panel order structure differently. If you happen to click on any part of the panel background which is not a mouse area it automatically brings that window to the front, consequently blocking the panels behind it.

There is a way to control the layer order of the panels by adding the line:

zorder=

to each window in the panel cfg. Add it to each window section as in this example:

[Window01]
file=Viscount_748D_Main.BMP
size_mm=1024
window_size_ratio=1.00
position=7
zorder=1
visible=1
ident=10001
window_size= 1.000, 1.000
window_pos= 0.000, 0.000

The numbers reflect the order, with zero always at the back then numerically up to 100 the order in front of that.

Off the top of my head on the F27, the blank window should be zero, then the main window = 1, then the zoom window=2. You can make the other windows in a sequential order that is convenient, but make the icon window the highest number to keep it visible at the front.

cheers

Fraser

Ralphc
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Re: F27 Panel Behaving Oddly

Post by Ralphc »

Hello Fraser...
Thank you for taking the time replying and the explanation. :) Apologies for my assuming that the panel was for FSX. Clearly got my wires crossed somewhere :doh:

The version I'm using I got from FS.Com (fokkf276.zip) I got the idea that the panel was FSX compatible through the post here (27/10/08) for a version posted then... admittedly, quite a while ago. There was a problem with the link. But it (the post) mentioned that it was compatible with both FS9 & FSX. So..made the assumption (sometimes a dangerous thing to do) that the version I've got was also OK with FSX...Wrong :$

Back to the problem. I've done as advised, hopefully correctly, and all seems fine so far. Thanks again.
Best Wishes
Ralph :)