Sunderland Airshow

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Sunderland Airshow

Post by Swanoir »

I'm off to the Sunderland Airshow in a minute. I don't suppose anyone has an idea of the flying schedule? Can't find anything on the internet beyond 'flying from 10 - 6'. The only thing my young girls are interested in is playing on the beach 8) but I know they'll love the Red Arrows. Thanks.

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: Sunderland Airshow

Post by TSR2 »

Hi mate,

I forgot all about this and ended up going down a bit late. Parked up at the National Trust carpark just past Souter lighthouse and walked down to the little beach behind the old firing range. There were only a handful of folk there and got a decent view without lilun getting squished by crowds. Did you notice that when the BBMF fle away at the end of their routine, one of them sounded very sick? Maybe it was just me. :dunno: :)
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Swanoir »

I hadn't noticed actually, odd. We were in the thick of it on the beach with the natives, a colourful assortment! The displays were good but the usual problem with the Sunderland Airshow is the display line is too far out to sea. Luckily I remembered to bring my binoculars otherwise it would have been quite frustrating. At least the girls had fun making sandcastles!

VC10
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by VC10 »

What a disappointment- I thought there was an airworthy Sunderland about :(

Paul
If God had meant us to fly, he would have given us tickets.