The fleet is in

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

GHD
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: The fleet is in

Post by GHD »

DaveB wrote:Does it work with GenX?
Trying it now.
George

GHD
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by GHD »

It's very good :agree:

I should be able to tweak it to more accurately fit the Gen-X textures and re-route the ferry.

George

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi chaps,

The highrise and the museum show up fine in GenX I haven't seen any ships though, but I think its the FSX version of the package I have, not the 2004 one.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

George sneaked in there, that's more than I have, I've only got stuff on the Gosport side so I'll need to have a look.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Excellent :thumbsup: I enjoyed this for FS9.. nice seeing Victory et-al in there :thumbsup:

EDIT: Works a treat in FSX doesn't it. Pulled Gosport High too while I was about it. Interesting to see a ferry at Whale Island where the newly removed default terminal now isn't :lol: I must have tried this at some point as I'd already got the AI Gosport Ferry in my boats folder (though there was no sign of the traffic file). Pity there's a slight mismatch between HMS Warrior and the underlying texture.. it looks like she's on try land but otherwise, it fills an unwelcome hole. I can certainly live with it :) Thanks for the prod Gary ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

GHD
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by GHD »

I have been able to move the ships around but I didn't look at Warrior.

But I need to know the ferry track before I can re-route the ferry. Can anyone mark the track on the following pic?

George

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hiya George :hello:

Don't worry about Warrior too much mate. I've been back and looked around it today and in daylight, it really doesn't look too bad.. more a consequence of her shape and design against the downward shot (shes wider at the top than the bottom so her stern is always going to look a bit out of place against the tile) :)

Re Gosport ferry.. it's just skidding to go alongside pretty much where it is. You can see an odd angled jetty going off from the one inline with the harbour and that's the walkway for the pax. Found a film of her in operation.. http://www.gosport.gov.uk/sections/your ... -facility/

I didn't think it left from the inner part of the jetty on the Gosport side and that footage shows she goes alongside the outer part.. nearest the harbour :)

Having loaded this up last night, I had 2 Invince class carriers alongside.. one at Pitch House and one further down on North Railway. The one on North Railway looked active and had smoke coming from the stacks :rock: The readme says it goes to Soton. Went and had a look a few moments ago and now I only have one alongside. Dashed to Soton and there's no sign of her alongside there either. Went all around the IoW just in case she took that route but no.. there's only one today.. unless the other is superimposed over the static in Pompey :dunno: Looked pretty good with 2 there :(

This is the rough route notwithstanding traffic avoidance..

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

GHD
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by GHD »

Thanks Dave,

I will need to re-route the carrier traffic. It starts on top of a Type 23 and finishes inside a cruise liner :wasntme:

George

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't see that liner nor do I have the customs sheds at Soton so I'd be safe there. Pompey looks a little dangerous though :lol:

Ben wrote a traffic file for the carriers a while ago and if you caught the scenery in a good moment, it was alongside. If you caught it at a not so good moment, it was parked bow-on to the jetty. Looked mighty odd :lol: Carriers rarely tie up at South Railway (the bit closest to Warrior opposite the QHM building) so as long as it doesn't go there, it'll still be pretty accurate ;) Destroyers usually tie-up at SRJ ;)

BTW.. have you tried those FS9 Forts in FSX? I never had much success with them in FS9 so I never bothered with FSX.
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

GHD
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by GHD »

I don't know the geography of Portsmouth so I'll find a free jetty (similarly at Soton).

I will be out most of the afternoon so will play this evening.
George