Chipmunk AI

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Tranquil
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Chipmunk AI

Post by Tranquil »

Hi Guys, im trying to use Ricks Chippy as ai in FSX but when i do i get this error (Visual C++ Error, Runtime Error R6025 -Pure Virtual Function Call) and FSX crashes, has anyone successfully managed to use it as ai?

thanking you!!

GHD
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Chipmunk AI

Post by GHD »

I have it flying as AI, the only problem is that the chocks remain attached in flight.
George

Tranquil
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Tranquil »

Yes ive noticed that aswell, although there is a section in the cfg file where the covers and chocks are mentioned, maybe they can be turned off?

NigelC
Concorde
Concorde

Post by NigelC »

GHD wrote:I have it flying as AI, the only problem is that the chocks remain attached in flight.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

"Speed building both sides.....passing one hundred knots.....V1..rotate...oh sh*t..."

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

I did some formation flying with the Chippy in FS9 and when replaying to formate on them they also show the chocks, think it is a glich!! :(

Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

ukmil
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ukmil »

why not use the UKMIL AI chippie?

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

The chocks displaying on the aircraft when used as AI isn't an error with the model.. many models do the same where they have 'additional features' and are not intended as AI models. Quick solution.. use the UKMIL model. Alternative.. there isn't one as this feature is part of the mdl ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

dhasdell
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by dhasdell »

many models do the same where they have 'additional features' and are not intended as AI models.
Going back a while, the Bill Lyons Tiger Moth for FS9 would fly as AI but with no pilot and, as I recall, with the cowling open.
Rats! Why doesn't anything work properly first time?

Brian Franklin
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Brian Franklin »

Guys the reasons for this stem from the designer using certain criteria for making items appear and disappear. If FS9 or FSX can determine the conditions for the model when flown as the main model it will function properly. However the AI engine does not use all the main FS variables and very often those conditions are not detected so the part can appear when not supposed to.

Bottom line is that in order to make FS models as realistic looking as possible it sometimes precludes them from being used as AI aircraft

Brian

emfrat
Concorde
Concorde
Location: 50 DME West of Brisbane, Ugarapul and Kitabul country in Sunny Qld

Post by emfrat »

I set up Rick's Chippie as a glider tug in FSX (technically making it AI) and the chocks re-appear after take-off. I changed the hydraulic pressure setting in the CFG but that made no difference. Rather than tamper any further, I changed to Keith Paine's piston Provost.

ATB
MikeW