Güt is coming

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

J0hn
Concorde
Concorde

Güt is coming

Post by J0hn »

I think this should be in the Classic British section, tbh, because it belongs to us (not for long, admittedly) and has since WWII-ish, but nevertheless, I post it here in order to comply with the requirement of "political correctness" that seems to be so prevalant in modern society (if only on the outside...)

We had a discussion a long time ago, about the RAF Güutersloh scenery for FS9 (think it is being released as an ACG title - I'm sure they will let us know ;) ) . Yes, some of you may doubtless have forgotten it - but the news has been 'broadcast' that the scenery will be released in the next few weeks (end of June, beginning of July is stated).

Being an ex member of the Gütersloh community (good 'ere, 'innit?) I am chuffed to rocks over this news. I've been keeping an eye on the forum and a video was released recently - post 336 - shame it has a couple of anomolies, but what the heck! It's coming, chaps!

LINKY

Shame it isn't FSX, and despite it having been slated for a later conversion, after all this time I'm not sure we'll see that. However, I will give it a try, after release, and report my findings. If not, I'll just have to save it for the day I fancy some nostalgia and reinstall FS9 :(

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: Güt is coming

Post by TSR2 »

Looking very nice indeed. FSX conversion should be easy enough for most of that using Model Converter X or similar. :thumbsup:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Swanoir »

Had a superb camp there as a Sergeant in the ATC back around 1990. Visited the Harrier squadrons and flew in a Chinook for two and a half hours (still the best flight of my life to date). As a die hard FS9 man, this will be very appreciated...

Silversim
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Silversim »

Waiting with bated breath for Manfred's creation....it's been a long time coming but I think it will be worth it :welldone: .....it all looks a bit "modern" to me ;) In my days (1970/72) there it was silver (until 1972) F2A's,FR10's & Wessex 8) & no blast shelters for the remote hardstandings....in fact if my fading memory serves me well there were no hardstandings :lol: and my mob (the dreaded Movers) lived by the Control Tower not in the new luxury premises :wasntme:

Anyways, just looking forward to the release :)

Best Regards
Geoff
It's so nice to be insane, nobody asks you to explain.

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

I thought the thread was titled "Git is Coming". :doh: Time for an eye exam me thinks. :lol:

Brian

J0hn
Concorde
Concorde

Post by J0hn »

That's almost how it's pronounced, in German.

I remember my German tutor would say to put your finger in your mouth, forming your lips around it (as if sucking on it) then pull your finger out and say the word, replacing the u with an i like Gitersloh.

It works!

all together now... :lol:

Motormouse
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Motormouse »

Its' out ! Available at flightsim.com huuuge download.

Never made it to Gut myself, I was Laarbruch inmate for short while :) while making one good Bucc out of 2 poorly ones.
ttfn

Pete
An Elephant is a Mouse designed to
a government specification.

J0hn
Concorde
Concorde

Post by J0hn »

Yes - it's very good, and it would seem to work quite well in FSX already (the trees are a bit off in places in FSX, but otherwise all OK), although they have started work on the FSX version already.

Such a shame it was on FlightSim.com, though - took me an hour and a quarter to download the 178MB file, then a quarter hour each for the AI Harrier packages.

I don't mind paying or donating to sites that host files, but insisting people pay for a whole year's sub at $30 is just silly. I'm happy to pay for a month, as I do at other sites, because I can afford to do so. If everyone were to charge a year at a time, I would not be 'donating' to any of them. Reducing the speed that they take so long to download for such small files is the reason I never go there unless it is something I really want a lot. Perhaps it wouldn't be so bad if I knew the developer of the download was getting some of the cash.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

On that subject.. I've been a 'member' at Allnodes for donkies. I spent a lot of time there once upon a time and downloaded everything going :lol: It still comes a bit sharp when the annual renewal comes up but on the other side of the coin.. if there's something I need that is only on Simviation (rare but possible).. I dread their 'respectable 50-oddk' download limit. I dunno if they do a monthly donation, quarterly, half yearly or what but I begrudge paying at another site when I already pay at Allnodes if you get my drift :|

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!