IT'S GOOD NEWS WEEK ♪ ♫ (NOT A JOKE)

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

IT'S GOOD NEWS WEEK ♪ ♫ (NOT A JOKE)

Post by Airspeed »

For the past 15 months, I've been thinking that I did the wrong thing, getting myself "de-manned".
Had an appointment with the urologist in Ballarat today. Still no detectable prostate cancer (yeah, yeah, heard it all before).
The good news bit is that this doctor ran through the pathologist's report with me (didn't know it existed till today).
I'm now told that there was a "finger" of cancer heading out to the edge of the capsule surrounding the prostate.
He told me that he could quite confidently say that had I delayed another 12 months, I would now be on radiation or chemo therapy.
I'm still impotent, but by golly, am I happy! :rock: :Dance: :Dance: :rock:

Tomliner
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: IT'S GOOD NEWS WEEK ♪ ♫ (NOT A JOKE)

Post by Tomliner »

Great news Mike.I bet you'll savour every day even more now! :thumbsup: EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Filonian »

Good news indeed Mike :thumbsup:

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I'll third that Mike.. great news :thumbsup:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

That's great news, Mike! What a relief to know that that decision was the right one - especially as you couldn't go back and make it again! Congratulations!

Ian :)

dodger
Concorde
Concorde

Post by dodger »

Hi Mike,

That's really great news,

All the best,

Roger.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

Great news from me too. Was just discussing the ol' prostate thing with the Mrs today. Women get called in by their GP's for their regular exams, but, here at any rate, men don't as far as I know. Given how reluctant men get at having probing fingers rammed up 'em (oooh more tea vicar?) and the current fashion for talking about the prostate, you would think doctors (and/or government) would insist that notices would be sent out to men of "a certain age" to get their butts in for examination. I think we are being discriminated against!
:-O :help: :thumbsup: :$
Alex

JohnD
Victor
Victor

Post by JohnD »

Thats great news Mike.

I had a similar situation when I was having problems passing water. It was taking 5 minutes to empty my bladder with a flow rate that you could only call a dribble.

Anyhow I visited the doctor and she did the normal examination with the finger - she said I was enlarged and shaped like a banana, I thought blimey she's got a long finger, then realised she was talking about my prostate. :doh: A few months later I had some samples taken from my prostate for analysis, now I know where the saying 'they don't like it up em' came from. Although it wasn't as bad as I had been expecting. The results proved negative, so that was good news.

The solution to my problem was a TUR which was a 'reamer' up the water pipe. The thought of this operation worried me a bit, especially as theres not much there to start with!

Following the operation I was in hospital for three days and when they came to pull out the cathata I was hoping it would be the nice nurse doing it. But it was a male nurse that pulled it out and afterwards I said that brought a tear to my eyes, he said it brought a tear to his as well!! :lol:

Now I am fully fit and flowing as it should.

I would re-iterate that although it sounds painful it wasn't and if anyone has any doubts about being checked, don't worry, just make an appointment and get yourself checked.
I was worried but need not have been concerned, after all doctors and the NHS do this thing every day.

Well done Mike

Regards

John
I have the mind of an athlete, but the body of a spectator.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Great news Mike... :excited:
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by nigelb »

Great to hear that news, Mike. Now I just need to get that song by HedgeHoppers Anonymous out of my head!

Nigel²