Latest Accu-Sim C172...

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Latest Accu-Sim C172...

Post by petermcleland »

Make sure you scroll to the bottom of this site page and run the Video:-

http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_i ... ts_id=2609

It is very nicely done :)

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Latest Accu-Sim C172...

Post by Chris Trott »

I suggest if anyone wants to practice real world 172 operations, this i the plane to get. The Carenado 172N is good for the N, but this bird feels just like the R's and S's I have the most time in (there are a lot of handling differences between the two). The one thing I really caution everyone on if they buy it is to be prepare to re-map your controls when you get it. If you have FSUIPC registered that makes it even easier. The reason being is that A2A didn't do any tweaking to the control surface movement and if you leave it alone, your joystick may result in 100% surface throw at less than 50% of your controller's axis travel. That will give the impression of the airplane being way too sensitive (especially in pitch) when it's not. Once you have the axises mapped to match the animation, you'll find the plane to be very light on the controls, responsive, and very easy to hand fly.

You'll also find that it's a hard airplane to make a great landing in, just like the real thing (I found this out with my first landing when I proved my nickname again when I flared a tad high, stalled before I was down for the first time and proceeded to amass another 5 landings).

-Thumper :lol:

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

Thanks for posting that Mac. I like seeing the latest and greatest, even though I've suspended myself from spending to add new AC to my already full hangers. :)

Although, I'd give a dollar to see the look on Trott's face when he was bouncing down the runway... :lol:

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Peter :hello:
Thank you, sir.
Very engaging. :agree:

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Airspeed »

The more I watched, the better it looked.
Now installed into FSX. Can't fly yet election results coming in. As predicted, whitewash means change of government, so there'll be a different bunch of liars crowding our TV screens and radios, saying "We'll have to kill you all, because the money in the bank is much worse than the other liars told us, it's all their fault blah blah blah :'( :'( :'( :'(

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Mike,

Let us know what you think of it...I enjoy flying the Accu-Sim Cub and I fancy getting that Cessna 172 myself :)

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Airspeed »

Hi Peter,
I have taken the Cessna up for one circuit around the Isle of Man.

(The default scenery, as I'm trying for the third time to download Earth Sim IoM 11.4gb! It fell over at 1.5gb then 20 hours later, at 8.4gb. I'm typing this on Mrs Airspeed's PC.)
Early impressions:
They were right about the springy nose wheel, I found it hard to get used to. The flight modelling felt as real as I could imagine, brought back memories of the lessons I did in Piper Warriors. Looks like Chris Trott agrees with this. Pleased (and surprised) to report that my landing was not a bouncer, despite an early aborted descent when I mistook my location. Bit disappointed that there's no Australian paint job, but I hope to fix that in due course. I haven't probed all the bells and whistles as yet, due to my computer tied up with ES. It looks and sounds realistic, and it was interesting to pop on the headphones and experience the (blast! mental blank on the word for noise reduction). Not really able to comment further at this point, but I'll do so once I get over the Earth Sim business. I already feel as though I have the Cessna parked outside, remembering that all its systems deteriorate without maintenance. It has added another dimension.
I think this model would appeal to you, Peter, though I really can't remember whether it would run on P3D.

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Yes Mike, I think they say it is FSX or P3D...You have convinced me I want it :)

EDIT...No they don't say that...They just say FSX...Well I think I'll get it anyway, as I think it will run in P3D :doh:

Effoh
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Effoh »

Airspeed wrote:Bit disappointed that there's no Australian paint job, but I hope to fix that in due course.
Here you go Mike http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/top ... 2r-vh-lcy/
Rgds,

Colin
Gentleman (n.) Someone who knows how to play the bagpipes, but doesn't

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Just for info...Its installer offers the choice of installing in FSX or P3D and the Dot was already placed in P3D on mine...So I guess it will work fine in P3D...I look forward to running it :)