More EE Canberra

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

delticbob
Concorde
Concorde

More EE Canberra

Post by delticbob »

Hello peeps :tunes:

In 1990 (yes really!!) BBC 2 aired a programme called "WARHORSE - The English Electric Canberra", which I did record on VHS tape. It's taken me months of thinking about it! to transfer the tape that programme is on to this PC...and for a half hour programme almost as long again to upload to YouTube (240Mins).

Anyhow here we go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23V8zmyK240 The short bit at the front I put on, as I only found out today that one of the chaps in the programme, the O.C. RAF Wyton & two others died only a year later, at Wyton, when a take off in a T4, with simulated engine failure at take off went wrong.

I believe the blue aircraft featured is the one that will be appearing on Monster Moves later this week. (see http://www.cbfsim.co.uk/cbfs_bb/viewtop ... =8&t=25759).

Enjoy.... :welldone:

Now for the Shackleton (Perpetual Motion)

Bob
I can fly now with my fantastic new PC

dodger
Concorde
Concorde

Re: More EE Canberra

Post by dodger »

Good Morning Bob,

A very enjoyable film, thanks for sharing,

The old Canberra was another one of our Greats, this is good news as well,

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articl ... rn-388510/

I had a flight in a Canberra from Bassingbourn when i was in the ATC many moons ago!! and had a good look around the one at Bruntingthorpe last week-end,

The Shackleton (Perpetual Motion), yup i have that on VHS as well ,another good film,

Cheers,

Roger.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Post by cstorey »

Thank you for that , Bob . May I be pedantic ? The Canberra was not in fact the world's first jet bomber . The Arado 234 beat it by about 5 years

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Thanks Bob.. enjoyed that :thumbsup:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Bob, will have a look at that when at the library on Saturday, looking forward to it as when I was stationed at RAF Scampton we had 85 Sqdn for a couple of months as there runway was being re-laid so got myself a trip up over the North Sea. The pilot tried to get the T4 as he knew I flew on the week-ends but unfortunately it was u/s so had to keep the navigator company instead but as we were flying as No2 with another Canberra he had very little to do in the way of work.

Although visibility from the back was very restricted I enjoyed the experience.

Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Ooooohhhh, back in the 50's when they were new at Marham _ I was in the ATC summer camp & had the good fortune to get a ride on the Rumble seat _ (instructed to be pushed out of the door if we hit trouble), my compatriot got strapped into the RH bang seat. Great view from the rumble seat & pilot tried chasing a B45 Tornado that he spotted!
Those were the days!!!
Keith

J0hn
Concorde
Concorde

Post by J0hn »

Thanks for uploading this. I'm about to build two of them as model kits (B(I)8 and PR9) as well.

If we're pulling up sandbags... in 1971 when I was a wee schoolboy at Manby, I used to have to walk home from school along the road that follows the perimeter fence. The taxiway ran along the station side of the fence and the Canberras always seemed to rev up their engines as I was walking by and it used to absolutely terrify me. :worried:

PS - if anyone hasn't seen it yet:

http://www.bywat.co.uk/canframes.html

and:

http://www.fradu-canberras.co.uk/

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

J0hn..

Just a quick observation and not related to the Canberra. Your sig jpg shows a pic of your website but it's not hyperlinked and there's no website icon on your profile. Not sure if you want it that way or if this was unintentional ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

J0hn
Concorde
Concorde

Post by J0hn »

hi Dave :hello:

yes, it was intentional. I wasn't sure on the policy of putting links to external websites in signatures, so I thought I'd just put my site banner in and if people wanted they could always Google the title and find it.

my website is at http://www.jsdixon.co.uk

Most of the flight sim stuff on there is after action reports from the ED/DCS titles - there is some old stuff from FSX, but not much, plus a few screenshots and a couple of online farmstripping videos.
I hope to fly a VFR tour of the UK soon, with GPS banned, and post that up as it progresses.

The modelling section was what kicked it off, but I am far from an expert at that, with my dulled imagination and arthritic digits - the website is just an extension of the hobby for me.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Rgr that J0hn :) It's not like you're a payware developer getting a free bit of advertising through the back door so to speak so by all means, hyperlink and/or add the web button to your profile in the RH pane if you wish :thumbsup:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage