For Ian...

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

For Ian...

Post by petermcleland »

I've posted this before, some years ago, but Ian, I don't think you would have seen this picture of Lake Hood at one of your favourite destinations :)

There are a LOT of floatplanes there :lol:

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: For Ian...

Post by petermcleland »

I Have just noticed that in my post above the word "picture" has been highlighted in red with two underlines...Placing my cursor on it produces an advert. Is this some sort of "Hack"??

EDIT this is on my PC with Google Chrome but it does not appear on my iPad.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Peter..

I don't see it here on WinXP SP3/IE8 :)

EDIT: It's not on Win7/IE10 either ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

It disappeared from mine when I drew attention to it Dave...It was some sort of News site advertising :S

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Peter,

That will be something installed on your PC peter that is picking out key words and providing links to adverts. Do you have any search toolbars installed? *-)
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

Thanks for that, Peter. I vaguely remember the picture from way back. As you say, it was one of my favourite destinations both in real life and in FS! There are so many ways to fly in such a small area and if you get the AI balance right you need eyes in the back of your head what with the international jet traffic, the light aircraft and the floatplanes as well :lol:

I sometimes used to go for a walk on a track through a small wooded area between Lake Hood and the coast and in the summer the floatplane traffic over my head was absolutely constant - one after another. They say it's the busiest floatplane base in the world when it's not frozen. And Merrill Field, much closer to Anchorage City, has about a thousand light aircraft based there as well! You'd need to be on the ball to fly in the whole of that area safely :worried:

Thanks for posting the shot, Peter. I haven't had any links imposed on the word 'picture' either in Chrome or iPad's Safari.

Regards

Ian :)

dfarrow
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by dfarrow »

Peter , I'm on Mozilla firefox , and XP . What you are experiencing has started to happen to this 'pooter during the last week . No red on ''picture'' but on Ian's reply ''Safari '' at the end is red and an hover brings up an ad . It's not just this site , quite a few are ''infected '' .
Any ideas anyone ?

Rgds dave f .

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

dfarrow wrote:Peter , I'm on Mozilla firefox , and XP . What you are experiencing has started to happen to this 'pooter during the last week . No red on ''picture'' but on Ian's reply ''Safari '' at the end is red and an hover brings up an ad . It's not just this site , quite a few are ''infected '' .
Any ideas anyone ?

Rgds dave f .
Dave,

I have just seen your post and like you, on Ian's last post the word "Safari" is in red with double underline...Hovering produces an add by something called TidyNetwork.

I'll just do a morning scan with some thing and see if that fixes it...BTW this is on Google Chrome.

EDIT...Once again, now that I have pointed it out...Safari is back to normal colour with no underlines!

dfarrow
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by dfarrow »

Peter , yep like yours again .. ''Safari'' has reverted to normal black and no underlines . Other words still trigger these ads . Hovering over them shows at bottom right ''' powered by toparcadehits '' . I'm a bit busy for next few days ... but if you have any success eradicating , or top tips . Please pass them on .
Just had a thought that student son was passing through for a week , about the time it started ! Don't want to flat out accuse him as he's not much more 'pooter literate than myself , but a lot less suspicious or sceptical ! .

ATB dave f .