Building RAE Bedford for FSX

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Building Airfields FSX

Post by Dev One »

It was a backup system at Llanbedr to give the direction of the Jindi , Meteor or Firefly if Radar cover was lost - at least we knew the radial so could destroy it if needed, at least as long as the a/c was transmitting telemetry!!! Double failure syndrome.....
Glad to be of assistance.
Keith

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Quick question chaps. Dou you prefer the photo scenery to show at an airport or do you prefer the airport background polys (i.e. non photo).
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I think that would be a photo background for me ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

I agree with my Dave, photo background would be my choice too.
Dave G.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi chaps, I didn't explain that very well did I :lol:

The issue I have is that the photo tiles under Bedford show lots of crap that has been added since the airfield closed, particularly various car tracks etc. I know how to get rid of them for personal use, but can't really release it with a custom scenery tile bastardised from bing.

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

I'm sure Bing wouldn't mind :worried:

In that case.. it may be better to add your own base.
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

NigelC
Concorde
Concorde

Post by NigelC »

If you make your own, don't forget to leave a few bits of Comet fin lying around. :agree:

http://www.aaib.gov.uk/cms_resources.cf ... %20915.pdf

"Speed building both sides.....passing one hundred knots.....V1..rotate...oh sh*t..."

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Thanks for that Nigel, there's some photos of the poor comet kicking around too.

Chaps,

Some pore "develop" type questions please. Bedford has lots of crossing runways. Is there a way to specify which one should be drawn on top? I was thinking I could do something with the layers, but can't find anywhere to adjust them for runways.

Also, I'd like the tower to be referred to as Bedford Tower etc. I've set the Tower Name to be "Bedford" and Type to be "Tower" but the ATC text still simply refers to it as "Tower" rather than "Bedford Tower." No I haven't done the Edit Voice Pack for it yet, but I didn't think this mattered for the on screen text. Any ideas?

I'm also hoping (with a bit of help) to model the adjustable ski ramp, albeit in a fixed position and maybe the Rolling Helicopter platform.

ImageImageImage

NigelC
Concorde
Concorde

Post by NigelC »

From EVP manual
There are two different types of modifications for airports: ICAO and Agent. The ICAO modification is used when ATC refers to the airport itself – for example as destination in an IFR clearance or when it is used to determine the position of the aircraft. The Agent code is used when communicating with a specific radio service (clearance, tower, ground, approach, or departure). While ICAO modifications can simply be added and will work right away Agent modifications require a matching agent in the Airport Facilities Data (typically created with AFCAD).

In most cases it is enough to create an ICAO modification as EditVoicepack automatically will write an agent modification. The agent will use the phrase as identifier, meaning the Com Frequency Name in AFCAD must match the phrase in EditVoicepack to work. Agent modifications are typically only created if you wish to change an existing entry in the default Microsoft voicepack.

"Speed building both sides.....passing one hundred knots.....V1..rotate...oh sh*t..."

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Cheers Nigel, I've now got an RAE Bedford voice pack! :thumbsup:

ImageImageImage