Lincoln over Lincolnshire.

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Lincoln over Lincolnshire.

Post by Paul K »

Ian Pearson has made a nice model of my old home, RAF Watton in Norfolk. So today I took another former Watton resident, Lincoln RA722, up to Kings Lynn and out over the Wash. After crossing the Lincolnshire coast, we spotted RAF Coningsby down to our right...

Apart from some niggles and errors, the Virtavia Lincoln isn't half bad. :)

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Lincoln over Lincolnshire.

Post by DaveB »

Nice one Paul and very typical of the weather we've all been seeing of late.. vile. Jens has done some nice paints for the old girl hasn't he :thumbsup: I'm tempted to replicate some of the Lancastrian paints for the Lincolnian.. we'll see. ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Cheers Dave. Opus weather engine seems to do a reasonable job of replicating local weather conditions. I've compared it to what I see out of the window in Cambridge a couple of times, and it's not far off. Jens has done some good repaints, but the subject matter is a bit limited isn't it. It seems you can have a Lincoln in any colour as long as it's black. I see he's done an Argentinian one now. :)

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Lincoln over...somewhere near Strasbourg, according to Plan G. This flight was just to have a look at Orbx's Open LC Europe - I took off from Spangdahlem and headed roughly 150 towards the Swiss border.

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

Great screenies Paul. :)

Brian

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Cheers Brian. Thinking back to what we used to have, it's amazing how various companies and individuals have developed flight simulation over the years. You see Virtavia, Orbx, Rex and Opus all at work there, so thanks to them and of course the team at Lockheed Martin. :)

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

I'm trying to get a convincing black and white photo in Elements 9, and finding there's a lot more to it than just selecting grey scale. It's fun experimenting,though. What do you think, chaps ? Suggestions and advice are welcomed.

I went past RAF Watton today, where, as a boy, I may well have played inside the remains of RA722. ;)

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

That looks ok mate. What don't you like about it?

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Well, for one thing, I'd like to give it just a very faint gloss sheen, as if it was a b/w photo you were holding in your hand. As it is, it has a matt finish, unlike photo paper. Any idea how that can be accomplished, Dave ?

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

TBH mate.. it's not something I've ever tried and I honestly don't know if you could achieve that look unless you printed it on gloss paper.

Old photo's are odd things. Often over exposed.. often under exposed and rarely are they crystal clear.. pin sharp. While the 'gloss look' might be a quest too far.. finding the right mix of under/over exposure and background blur should be possible with experimentation and don't forget the old sepia and noise filters.. all of which can be tweaked to the n'th degree. :cpu:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage