Boeing C-97 Stratotanker - FSX

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

delta_lima
Viscount
Viscount

Re: Boeing C-97 Stratotanker - FSX

Post by delta_lima »

New all-in-one (6 models) pack - v3 - due shortly up at SOH:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/s ... te-package

Includes new HC- SAR model, as we well new -97L model with jets ... should be good!

dl
Quaere verum - Seek the truth.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Cheers DL. I've already worn a mouse out going back and forth to the Warbirds library :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

delta_lima
Viscount
Viscount

Post by delta_lima »

DaveB wrote:Cheers DL. I've already worn a mouse out going back and forth to the Warbirds library :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
LOL!!

Just stay on the page and hit "F5" ... :rofl:

dl
Quaere verum - Seek the truth.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

Damn it.. that'll be a mouse and a keyboard down the pan!! :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

TangoEcho
Meteor
Meteor

Post by TangoEcho »

Regards

Tom

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Cheers TE.. checked as soon as I got up this morning :thumbsup: Still not visible in the library but Manfred very kindly put a link up. A few chores to get out of the way then I'll take her for a spin ;)

A quick note.. paint entries in the aircraft.cfg have gone astray a bit.. entries read 0 thru 6 then 0 :-O The 0 after 6 is the same entry as 6 so bin it and off you go ;)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

Let me know how it is possible to operate six engines in FSX which does not permit more than 4 engines. And how do you start 4 propellers and then two jet engines.

And do we merge with version 2?

Also, how can we tell the difference between version 3 that Jahn does not want us to download and the other corrected revised version 3 that Jahn uploaded for public download?

I downloaded at 1:20 pm EST. Does this clock time mean I was downloading the correct version?

Regards,

Aharon

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Aharon..

The first v3 full version was pulled before it appeared in the library so.. if you downloaded it from the link in the thread, you have the first version. If you downloaded it from the library.. you have the second version ;)

Yes.. the jets work. You operate the piston engines as before. Once they're running.. look at the engine panel from shift+4 and you'll see the engines near the top listed as 1 2 3 4 J. Click on J to get jet support.. you'll hear the jet engines and note the prop gauges will have gone into the red. You'd only use the jets for assisted takeoff so they can be shut down (click on the J again) soon after. They may have been used to enable a slightly faster refuelling too (when aircraft taking fuel can't fly slow enough) so again.. only in use for short burst. You don't fly with them all the time.

This is a FULL download containing all previous patches and fixes plus the new model. If you've added paints (and I know you have).. save those paints and cfg entries and add them to the new cfg. Under the circumstances.. I would not recommend merging.
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

Thanks, Dave for all kind explanations. Glad to know that I do not have to do merging work!! And yes you are absolutely right that I have to move liveries to the version 3 and modify aircraft.cfg to reflect addition of liveries.

Regards,

Aharon

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

I deleted the old one and started again from scratch with this new all-in-one package. A feast for the eyes and ears, hugely impressive. Manfred, you are a star, and no mistake. :thumbsup:

Did I see someone had grafted the A2A Stratocruiser VC onto this model ? How does one go about that, and does it tread on any EULAs ? I'll be seeing Lewis from A2A in a few weeks and I'll check with him.