JF Tornado on Pre-Order!

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Re: JF Tornado on Pre-Order!

Post by Chris Sykes »

Its a real shame you guys have problems with FPS and performance as im seeing improvements each time an update comes out.

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Performance has increased for me too Chris, it's now merely awful. :lol:
Seriously though, it's now at a state where I can use it without having to turn lots of other things down, but it's still nowhere near as good as it should be. :|
Dave G.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Performance has increased for me too Chris, it's now merely awful. :lol:
I concur with that in every way. I have other models that take a while to load external textures and while that in itself is vaguely annoying.. you tend to expect it. Well.. you tend to expect it if you're running old kit like I am :lol: Inside was chronic. Panning around in the VC was like watching a very old 'flic' movie.. only slower. No one is more disappointed than me at having to request a refund (with the exception of JF I guess) and other than one occasion when I made an ordering cockup.. this is the first time I've ever asked JF for a refund. What's worse is that its for a Tornado!!! I don't know who's brilliant idea it was to try and make a model that pushed the very limits of what can be done in a sim but I'd imagine they're not quite so happy with that decision now 8)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Refund received for the Tonka ;)

I should be happy but I'd have been happier still to have a good Tornado. Let's see what the SSW model runs like when it's released *-)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

If anyone is still vaguely interested in this model, JF have now released SP3, with a long list of bug fixes.
A brief try in P3dv3 seems to show a fair improvement in FPS, although the pre-SP3 version did perform better in P3dv3 than v2.5. It's certainly usable for me now anyway. Not had chance to try all the systems yet.
Dave G.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Cheers Dave :thumbsup:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

ChrisHunt
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ChrisHunt »

The JF Tornado can now be had as a demo - flies for 15 mins at a time; possibly about right anyway given some of the performance problems? On that subject, with all the patches is this now worth getting?