Dave Garwood Hunters - square wing lights

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

delta_lima
Viscount
Viscount

Dave Garwood Hunters - square wing lights

Post by delta_lima »

All of a sudden, and only on the single seat F/ FG models. my red/green nav lights are squared/cubed - like those red or green square 1x1 transparent Lego pieces. No other aircraft, not the Hunter T. I reinstalled the effects, no change. All other lights on this Hunter (landing, tail nav, etc.) are fine.

Running FSX+Accel + DX10. Shockwave lights, though I haven't tried adapting them to the Hunter. I fly this bird a lot, so as of no more than 3 days ago, all was fine.

Very odd. Any ideas?

thanks,

DL
Quaere verum - Seek the truth.

DaveG
The Gurus

Re: Dave Garwood Hunters - square wing lights

Post by DaveG »

That usually sounds like a missing texture in the effects/texture folder. *-)
I can't remember off-hand if the original Hunters used custom fx or default ones, but either way the texture they call would be a default one. I'm not at the PC to check at the moment though.
Something you've added or un-installed recently has probably corrupted the texture, although it's odd the T's aren't affected. :dunno:
I'll have to check the files this evening, and get back to you.
Dave G.

delta_lima
Viscount
Viscount

Post by delta_lima »

Thanks Dave,

There are only 4 fx files in the Hunter effects folder (3 x lights [R,G,W]), with no addon textures - the call would indeed be to the default textures - so I'm at a loss as to why they work on the T and not on the FGA/R.

The lights are not "baked" in, so theoretically, I could sub out your lights on that model for another that works ... but one of the things I like about your lights is that they're discrete, and not the giant globs of glowing chromatic torches that some lights effects are ... :wall:

Anyway - any help you can render is great.

Kind regards,

dl
Quaere verum - Seek the truth.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Yo DL :hello:

Yup.. DG's lights are the best in the business. I use them in most of the models I have! :lol:

Just had a quick look at the FGA9 and T's and they actually use the same fx file. Can't fathom why they're working fine on one and not on the other. Is it possible for you to come out of DX10 and have a look in DX9? It may be something more than the fx file causing what you're seeing if that makes sense *-) I'm sure DG will be along soon to spread wisdom on the issue anyway ;)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

No wisdom here Dave. :lol: Just looked at the fx files, and they do use a default texture, "fx_2.bmp" same as the default nav lights. :dunno:
Some add-ons have been know to overwrite that one, but then that would affect every nav light.
You could try deleting the shaders and see if that makes a difference. (C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX\Shaders for DX9 or Shaders10 for DX10)
Dave G.