GR3 and FRS1 Harriers ...

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

delta_lima
Viscount
Viscount

GR3 and FRS1 Harriers ...

Post by delta_lima »

Inspired by Dave's Op Corporate shots, I took both the GR3 and the FRS.1 out for a little spin. What do you Brit folks call it - a bimble? :lol:

GR3 at Coltishall...

And now for some lovely, inviting North Sea weather ...

Here's to you Dave! Thanks for the great work you do.

Daniel
Quaere verum - Seek the truth.

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: GR3 and FRS1 Harriers ...

Post by DaveB »

Hi DL :hello:

Ah yes.. a bimble :lol: Good word isn't it :lol:

Nice compilation there :thumbsup: . You managed to show the EDS Grey well. It doesn't look that good normally.. not on my rig anyway. I like the winter camo too.. simple yet effective. I tried the GR3/FRS1 with TrackIR the other day and found it a lot more confined to see out of than expected. Having sat in a real one.. the view out of that is much better.. thank goodness!

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

delta_lima
Viscount
Viscount

Post by delta_lima »

Thanks Dave!

Actually, those shots featured the stock MSG (Medium Sea Grey) scheme, not the EDSG (Extra Dark Sea Grey) scheme. I never really liked that latter scheme in real life, and compounded with the nasty shine, I just dont' fly it.

The shown MSG scheme has issues too, chiefly the size and placement of the national markings, that they're heavily washed out, and that same nasty shine, but of the two "Falklands" schemes, it's the one I can best live with. I'd have rather a basic operational scheme such as this:

[img][/http://i956.photobucket.com/albums/ae41 ... c-0.jpgimg]

... but you know about beggars and choosers. Hey, at least I have a proper "old" Harrier in the sim, so life's good.

Yes, William Grice did great paint work, pity he came into and then left the sim paint scene so quickly. But his work is magnificent. Yup - love the temp arctic schemes. Must be years' worth of cold weather army ops that makes me subconsciously prefer them *-) ... Harriers and Buccs look great in them, in my view.

Enjoyed doing these shots, and glad you like them.

Daniel

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Yo DL :hello:

Yes.. I twigged later it was the MDG scheme. I think I looked at it once (and the DSG) when I first had the model and that was enough.. NO MORE 8) :lol: Were it not for Zsolts FRS1.. I'd only fly the GR3 :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

delta_lima
Viscount
Viscount

Post by delta_lima »

Yup - his FRS.1 scheme is the one to beat as far as SHARs go.

Like you, so much do I like the GR3 and its paints, that I confess, I've flown a GR3 sortie or two off the carriers ... there, I said it ...

Though it did occur off the Hermes ... so it's not completely unrealistic!

dl

PS - it has to be said ... the upgraded 'Vince textures simply rock!!! Thanks so much!!

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Excellent.. glad you like them :thumbsup:

I often paint things (or fiddle) and think at a later time that they're not so good after all but I do like the rejigged Invincible. You can put her in a fleet of other RN ships now and she doesn't look like she's from a foreign navy :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Motormouse
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Motormouse »

DaveB wrote:Hi DL :hello:

Ah yes.. a bimble :lol: Good word isn't it :lol:

Nice compilation there :thumbsup: . You managed to show the EDS Grey well. It doesn't look that good normally.. not on my rig anyway. I like the winter camo too.. simple yet effective. I tried the GR3/FRS1 with TrackIR the other day and found it a lot more confined to see out of than expected. Having sat in a real one.. the view out of that is much better.. thank goodness!

ATB
DaveB B)smk
Comfy aren't they? (Real ones) I could never fit properly being over 6ft tall, one reason unlike many of my colleagues I
never got a backie in the 2 seater.
They were ok with seat removed though.

Ttfn

Pete
An Elephant is a Mouse designed to
a government specification.