Web-Footed Wonderland - From New Zealand Downunder

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Mark C
Vulcan
Vulcan

Re: Web-Footed Wonderland - From New Zealand Downunder

Post by Mark C »

Posting this information "late" due log-in difficulties over the past 72 hours :(

ANYWAY ....

Further reference to the accident to GRUMMAN GOOSE ZK-DFC (as related within my article) .... also in the Caribbean ....

This particular accident occurred to that aircraft on December 15th 1992 .... "after we sold it" to US interests.

This aircraft was, at that time, being operated by POLVO AIR CHARTER as N3116TA.

It struck a coral head upon landing at West Caicos Island .... was holed .... settled quickly .... and sank.
On December 15th 1992 this particular aircraft was written-off as the result of a water-landing accident at West Caicos Island, in the southern Bahamas where the aircraft struck a submerged reef and sank. Salvage rights to the wreck were later bought by Klaus Dieter MARTIN, of Germany. A recovery was attempted, but, was unsuccessful after the aircraft was lost a 2nd time and in much deeper water.
A sad end to an aircraft on which I once frequently flew on :(

Mark C
HJG
I know you think you understand what you thought I said but what you thought you heard is not what I meant !