VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Callsigns on Ivao

Post by Vc Ten »

Hi all :hello:
I've been flying online for the past few weeks on Ivao network and been using our va icao code of CBF followed by my member number (203) This seems fine to me. But the Ivao client picks this up as the real world "China northern airlines". It was queried by a controller tonight and suggested that I use the call sign Speedbird 203 However I would have thought this to be in use by BA virtual :dunno: Anyone else fly ivao ? what call sign do you use :S
ATB
Dale
Image Image Image

PaulC
VC10
VC10

Re: Callsigns on Ivao

Post by PaulC »

Hello,
Just because they're in the Virtual BA it doesn't give them exclusive rights to Speedbird.

When I flew online it was mainly with the 1-11 in the BA livery and so I'd use Speedbird with the VA flight number. The 1-11 flight from MAN to LHR was Speedbird 2205.

Hope this helps.

Paul

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Callsigns on Ivao

Post by Vc Ten »

Cheers thanks for that Paul I understand that Ba virtual don't have any right to the exclusive use of the callsign but I though it may lead to confusion as there seems to be a lot of a/c with baw callsign although most appear to use beeline. Did you fill in the flight document with our va icao followed by the flight no say CBF 2250 and advise the controller that you would be using Speedbird 2250 then?
ATB
Dale
Image Image Image