ORBIX FTX Base on sale

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

ORBIX FTX Base on sale

Post by airboatr »

It's currently 35 percent off . Running PD3 ver3, I'm anxious to have it looking the best as possible.

Who here is using FTX, any opinion is welcome.

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: ORBIX FTX Base on sale

Post by airboatr »

FTX Vector is looking mighty tempting as well :worried:

that ratchets it up to 90.00 USD :-O

*-)

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Not sure what you mean by Orbx Base, Joe. Do you mean Orbx Global ?

I here use a lot of Orbx stuff and like it muchly. Generally good on frame rates, though there are some airports and areas that my computer struggles with - Fairoaks is one of them. Each airport comes with its own set of sliders however, so you can tone it down if needs be. I've no idea why Fairoaks in particular should cause problems. Elstree, which has more in the way of buildings, runs better.

You could just stick with Global and Vector for now and see how you get on, but Open Land Class North America and Europe might interest you. Frame rates are fine with those too. Then there is Pilots FTX mesh ....

By the way, if you do decide to get any add-on airports, be aware that the vast majority are designed to work with Orbx regions rather than just Global. For example, Fairoaks is designed to go with FTX EU England. There are a few airports that are designed purely for Global owners, such as Jacksons and Samoa, but always check the requirements before purchasing.

So the bottom line is - Orbx is good and gets 8/10 overall. No doubt someone will now come on and tell you it's rubbish. :lol:

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Yep, Joe's talking about FTX ORBX Global; Base Pack and Vector.
I don't know myself whether either or both will interfere with other FTX, but the description in Vector, claiming accurate coastlines, rivers, major roads, rail and tramlines, plus proper dockyard textures, sounds like the cat's whiskers!
If I was rich like you Joe, I'd get 'em both, and if they didn't work for me, I'd send them on to you. :agree: :)

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

plus proper dockyard textures, sounds like the cat's whiskers!
This was one (of the many) reasons I binned FTX England 3 days after I bought it. Portsmouth dockyard looked like suburbia 8)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Joe, I run FTX Global along with 3 North American sceneries as well as the whole of the UK excepting Ireland.

If you are wondering about FTX Global it is by far better than FSX default scenery but..........one warning......they are currently using FTX Central3 and this has caused quite a bit of problems for users including myself. Unfortunately even though I put in for help and advice I never got anything positive from them as to my problem which was FSX taking a long time to load, about 5 -6 minutes for a flight. A number had also stated the same problem, FTX Central 3 presently changes the Scenery Library insertion points so you have to manually changed it. At the moment I am running FTX Central 2 which is fine and FSX is now running as sweet as a pea after I did a complete re-install.

I am not saying that you will encounter the same problems as me but if I were you I would first register on their Forum and have a look at the Thread FTX Central 3 as there are a number of "How to Do" tuitions as well as a video so that it will help you from any likely problems, also check out some of the posts as well, but as far as I am concerned I have lost faith in FTX Central 3 and if it means not being able to make any more purchases because I do not have FTX Central 3 installed then so be it. Again, as for the scenery packages they are as far as I am concerned very, very good but that is my own personal feelings. What does annoy me is that they have introduced a programme that is not fit for purpose, but if I wrote that in their forum I would either end up with a noose round my neck or be banned. :worried:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

I am currently running P3D V3 with:
FTX Global, Open LC Europe, Trees HD, FTX Global Vector with additional add-ons of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Germany and AU Australia. With this I get as good as I can afford and have no qualms about recommending Orbx/FTX.

Unlike some, I have not had any difficulties with the change over to FTX Central 3, unusually (for me) the change over went smoothly and everything is working (searches for a piece of wood to touch) as advertised.

I should add that all the above have been added as and when funds have allowed over the past couple of years.

ATB

Allan

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

I agree with you Allan - I haven't had a moment's bother with FTX Central 3 either. It works perfectly for me.

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

Thanks for the replies .. I've looked at GEX too because I have it for FSX. Comparing it to ORBIX, l have to say I think ORBIX has the edge in both coverage and cost.

I'll take a few days more to mull it over. *-)

Oh .. I see that mesh is something to consider.. I've been looking at FreeMeshX.. but I have some understanding the default airports are sometimes sat on a plateau or in a hole.
Will ORBIX vector fix that or will I need something else to correct elevations

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

I have also been using ORBX for about 6 months and like it. I have Base, Global Vector, England, and several from the West coast of North America using P3D v3.3. The upgrade to FTX Central 3 was pretty straight forward except that it did not work with P3D 3.4, which I was trying to upgrade to. I ended up reverting to 3.3, the new app does make it easier to install products as you can download and install directly from FTX Central. Was thinking of using the sale to add OpenLC Europe and North America to my collection.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.