Not FSX but This Sim is Brilliant!

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

ChrisHunt
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Not FSX but This Sim is Brilliant!

Post by ChrisHunt »

Thanks Nigel, will explore that lot later today (hopfully). Downloaded the main bit yesterday but no updates yet.

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

Took the plunge and bought it. Installed all the updates as per the instructional video.

Read the joystick PDF - wish it was in English or at least used words I understood. After 4 days I still cannot get the joystick - Logitech Freedom 2.4 - to work. In short I have not had a single flight but I have had hours of frustration. So into the bin it goes, a waste of my time and money. A pity because it does look good..........................

Hope you all manage better than me.

ATB

Allan

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Allan, really sorry to hear that you are having problems. Surprised that your joystick is not working, I installed the programme along with all the updates then went to the options menu and set up my joystick, did not even consult a PDF file for joystick settings as there is really no need to.

Don't just give up on it, the joystick settings are in the control setup menu equally they offer great support on the Forum and there is a thread regarding joystick setting. It would be a shame just to give up on it even though you have been unable to have a flight.

PM me if you need help.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

Thanks for the support Nigel, most welcome in my hour of need.

After nearly 4 hours I finally got the joystick to work after a fashion and managed to kick the sh1t out of a JU87. This was more by accident than anything else, it still needs a lot of work to get into shape. I actually bought IL-62 when it first came out and had the same problems, unfortunately help was short at the time and so I eventually put the DVD into the charity bin - I don't think it actually hit the bottom before it was bought!

I'll have a few more goes but I do find the GUI less than helpful to a geriatric like me - mind of a five year old with the body of a 90 and a birth certificate that says 69.................... So 'Act your age'.... is a bit confusing for me.

Ah yes, one question, how do I assign the gun trigger? At present using the default space bar which is not ideal.

Thanks again.

Allan

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Have PM'd you Allan. :hello:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Metalmaster
Lightning
Lightning

Post by Metalmaster »

When I see these printscreens, and think we would spend hours excited flying this:

Things have really come that far! Wow.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Yes indeed. I'd never heard of Meigs before FS :lol: One interesting fact though. Even with those poor graphics.. I began to recognise places (in the U.S.) on TV that I'd only ever visited in FS which prompted me to tell the wife it was an educational tool :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

OK, I was constantly being told that there was a Team Fusion update available, but it only took me to forums.
I therefore clicked on the Steam library entry for COD, and it did some stuff.
How do I know that I have the TF version now? I don't think I saw a Help/About/Version menu.
Thanks,

DogTailRed2
Concorde
Concorde

Post by DogTailRed2 »

I may try CLOD again if they really have fixed all, or maybe some of the issues.
CLOD, sorry COD :-) suffered from amazing eye candy but bad, passion killing bugged gameplay when released and never really lived up to IL2.
Two big issues for me when running the original version of COD.
Stutters. I have a powerfull maching (4ghz quad, SSD's and a 500 series nvidia gfx) but dogfighting anything other than small formations (single aircraft) over the sea was fruitless.
Not just micro stutters but full on seconds.
The other issue was the AI comms. Totally unintelligable. Think of a stream of communication that has been chopped into chunks, re-arranged into the wrong order,
, stutter added and Nana Mascara (you know that Greek singer) thrown in for good measure.
If you can confirm both these things are fixed I may try it again.
I've been waiting for COD to get it's own `Silent Hunter III Grey Wolves update` (Silent Hunter III sub sim suffered a similar fate but was amazingly updated by fans into a brilliant sim).
Regards,
Ted.

p.s. if you are into subsims SHIII with the Wolves update is very good.

hobby
Concorde
Concorde

Post by hobby »

I would encourage all who have downloaded Cliffs of Dover and added the Team Fusion updates to persevere. This is a really demanding combat simulator which, when one becomes competent at flying one's chosen aircraft will provide a real challenge and quite a thrill when you knock your first enemy down.

If you go to YouTube there are many Cliffs of Dover (shortened to CLoD) films available from which you will soon appreciate the standard of graphics available for £9.99 and the fighting skills demonstrated by real pilots from all over the world.

I thoroughly recommend this program which is definitely not an easy one to master. There are real pilots who measure their time on CLoD in the hundreds of hours. One person has over a thousand hours!

One online Squadron only speaks German!