Prepard3D v4

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Prepard3D v4

Post by spatialpro »

Scorpius wrote:
02 Jun 2017, 13:39
FTX Central update now available, just run FTX.
Yesssssss!!!! :rock:

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,
RTX 3090, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro

Scorpius
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Scorpius »

Anyone used the add-ons folder yet?

Nev

Henk Schuitemaker
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Henk Schuitemaker »

Scorpius wrote:
02 Jun 2017, 14:10
Anyone used the add-ons folder yet?

Nev
No, just installed Orbx FTX Central 3.2 + Global Base + OrbxLibs, everything is inserted the old way into the classic/main Scenery.cfg file.

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

I've got all my scenery installed via the scenery.cfg, but I tried using the addons folder to add some as an experiment and it worked as expected. :)
Dave G.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Been having a prat about over the last few night, but only really half an hour at a time. Some of my issues, as mentioned, may be down to the video card not being high enough spec... yet ;)

The good news (for me) is the Thurleigh scenery I'd been working on using Sketchup to model works well. The buildings still show as expected and are really smooth. The bad news is many of the other airport add-ons don't work and seem to crash the SIM. So that seems to be all of the Scotflight stuff, and various other odds and sods.
The FSDS compiled aircraft either don't display at all, or have their animated surfaces missing or full scale deflection. For example the argosy is missing its nose and rear doors so you can see right through it! The 1-11 and 748 don't display at all. I'm just about to rebuild this PC as its been upgraded from Win 8, to 8.1 and now 10 so it hasn't been fully rebuilt in over 3 years! There will be tears! :lol: :cpu:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Scorpius
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Scorpius »

Installed quite a few aircraft and whilst they are in the simobjects-airplanes folder they do not show up when I choose a vehicle. Looks as if I need to add an XML file in the add-ons folder.

Nev

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Filonian »

It would appear that there is something amiss with the new FTX Central.

When I fired up this morning Kaspersky informed me that FTX Central was classed as dubious and had binned it :dunno:

On the plus side, if anyone uses Edit Voiuce Pack I have just received this from SimMarket: -

(EditVoicepack_XL_(5.4.1).zip) - Updated to work in Prepar3D V4

Regarding AI aircraft, Hawks and Tornados at Leeming shut the sim down. Had a quick try with one of John Young's Lightning (FSX) and had no trouble - taxi out from 16 end HS to 34 and take off no problem.

Boy do we owe John big time for his great AI.

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Scorpius wrote:
03 Jun 2017, 11:19
Installed quite a few aircraft and whilst they are in the simobjects-airplanes folder they do not show up when I choose a vehicle. Looks as if I need to add an XML file in the add-ons folder.

Nev
If you've added them direct to SimOjects/Airplanes then you don't need any additional XML files.
If you're using a different folder then you'll either need to edit the simobjects.cfg directly, or add an add-on.xml to the Prepard3D v4 Add-ons folder in your documents folder.
Dave G.

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Active Sky for P3dv4 is now available as a public beta. https://hifisimtech.com/active-sky-for-p3dv4-open-beta/
Free upgrade if you have the P3d version of AS16.
Dave G.

Henk Schuitemaker
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Henk Schuitemaker »

One of the things I like most about P3Dv4 is that AI traffic does not hurt performance so much, FSX traffic plan files are working. The only problem I have sofar is that the P3D particle shader breaks the FSX afterburner effects...