Sad News

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Will you be attending?

Poll ended at 24 Aug 2017, 09:23

Yes
62%
Not sure
38%

Total votes: 13

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Sad News

Post by Nigel H-J »

thought those unable to attend might also appreciate the Order of Service from today
Andy, many thanks for posting the Order of Service, I have to admit it brought a lump to my throat and a few tears at reading through them.

Many thanks also to all who attended and who effectively represented all members of this Forum who were unable to attend in person.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Thank you all, for the accounts of how the funeral went, and a look at the order of service. The floral White Ensign and the anchor would have met with his huge approval, I'm sure.

Ben, I wonder if it might be an idea at some point down the line to close this thread and make it a permanent sticky. There's been so much shock and sorrow, so many people recalling memories of Dave, and how we shall miss him, that, in a way, this has become a tribute to him, here at CBFS, where we knew him and where we know each other and have shared our grief.

I don't know when the time would come to close it - I suppose that will become evident naturally - but it would be lovely to have it as a prominent sticky, and for it to be his memorial here. What do you think?

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Just like to add my comments to Paul Ks' suggestion, I can think of no other tribute than to sticky this thread as in time I am sure that many will take the opportunity to re-read all the posts even years ahead and I also feel that his family would look upon it as a permanent memorial on this Forum to Dave who devoted many hours to help and guide us through whatever problems we faced in the world of Flight Simulation. Or if not, then would it be an idea to do as AVSIM did with Tom Allensworth and have a photograph of Dave on the main page.

https://www.avsim.com

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Hot_Charlie wrote:
01 Sep 2017, 00:09
I always enjoyed exchanging the occasional "catch up" message with Dave. My one regret is I was never able to get to his pub before he moved up to the West Midlands.
Same here, if I'd been away from the forum for a while or I wanted to ask anything, a PM to Dave normally did the trick. I never made it to his pub either, I'm sure it would have been a great place for a quiet pint of ale.

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

I echo all the sentiments expressed above. Sadder even for everywhere I seem to go here and at SOH there is his signature in blue DaveB popping up. We shared the same birthday April 3rd 'cept he was 2 years younger which shook me. 60 is no age to be taken. So sad.
Alex

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Chaps,

Helen, did a fantastic montage of her Dad for the funeral. I'm going to see if we could get something like that and put it on the about page with perhaps some information and a link to this thread. On the main page I was perhaps thinking if we use the photo from the order of service, which is a great shot of Dave.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Ben Hartmann
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Ben Hartmann »

TSR2 wrote:
01 Sep 2017, 21:34
Hi Chaps,

Helen, did a fantastic montage of her Dad for the funeral. I'm going to see if we could get something like that and put it on the about page with perhaps some information and a link to this thread. On the main page I was perhaps thinking if we use the photo from the order of service, which is a great shot of Dave.
Fantastic idea Ben. The montage was truly incredible, almost every image seemed to capture not only his journey through life, but every angle of his character.

Best Rgds

Ben
I was a repaint artist for UKMIL, HJG, CBFSim VA and CBFiles 2004-2012.

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

This would be wonderful. :) Thanks Ben. :thumbsup:

Brian

Tomliner
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Tomliner »

That is a really good idea Ben. A perfect tribute to Dave. :thumbsup: EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Yes, that's a great idea. :)