P3d V4

Check here to keep abreast of FSAirlines updates.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

clarenceover
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

P3d V4

Post by clarenceover »

I'm very new to this website/forum, having only just discovered it when Auster textures were made available on Simviation's P3D menu.
I was immediately drawn to the classic airliners on show on the site. I'm in my 39th year in civil aviation and can go back to a time of Dan-Air and Bcal noisey jets, and BIA HP7's. I recall Convair 990's and once saw a Dassault Mercure!
I have a question! Is there any place for flight-simmers running P3D V4 within CBFS? My recent flight-sim past saw me delete FSX and switch to X-plane, then abandoned that for reasons I needn't go into. Then took the plunge with P3D not realising it had reached V4 by this time which is apparently different to V1,2 and 3. Many aeroplanes working in 1, 2 and 3 don't work in V4 it seems! I run FSW by Dovetail Games too..................

DaveG
The Gurus

Re: P3d V4

Post by DaveG »

Hello, and welcome. :hello:

A few of us here use P3dv4, myself included. The original forum was based around FS9/FSX as that's what the developers here made aircraft for, but many use other sims as well such as X-plane or DCS.
Dave G.

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

i use P3Dv4.2 with FSA also, pretty much exclusively. With version 4 I had to say good bye to many of my older favorite aircraft, especially those from CalClassics and the HJG, but there are enough P3D and FSX Native aircraft to keep me happy. Make sure you get the beta/release candidate version of the FSA client.

For FSW there is no FSA client for it yet, but then there are no airliners yet to run in it. I know that there are ways to get FSX Native aircraft into FSW but have not experimented much with that and it has not been embraced by the community yet.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

I also run FSA on P3Dv4.2 with various aircraft for CBFS. If you look at my TRs you will see what I have and they may give you some idea.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman