What Things Really Annoy You?

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveG
The Gurus

Re: What Things Really Annoy You?

Post by DaveG »

People starting every sentence with "so".
"Jaunty" camera angles. Do I really need to see a TV presenter at 45 degrees?
:rant:
Dave G.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

DaveG wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 09:01
Yes, that's another thing. Full agreement there!
Gawd, I'm getting so angry now I could crush a grape. :rant:

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

...and here was me thinking that it was only on Aussie media that everyone from politicians to talkback callers answered questions with "So......"
Thank goodness we haven't seen the 45° camera angle yet, but I have seen the leaning presenters.
The early radio is always interrupted by a 9 year old girl with ♫th♪e ♪♪tr♫aff♪ic r♪eport (you get my drift) followed by the host immediately giving his version, which bears little resemblance to the girl's version.
Without limiting the extensive scope of what does annoy me, I must mention the straight faced liars who are asked "Given that X happened, what is the company's/government's position on this?" ...and the response starts with "We take these matters very seriously, and we never allow X to happen blah blah"
Like most others here, I could wear out my keyboard if I get started.

511Flyer
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by 511Flyer »

Went to town this morning and called in for coffee at Café Nero. A corner seat for 5 persons was taken up by a very large push chair and an air head of a Mum with a baby. The baby was in her arms and was sucking on a bottle which was nearly empty. She was engrossed in playing a game on her mobile phone, and didn't look at the baby once in 20 mins. That is until the inevitable happened and the baby started coughing violently.

Oversized buggies for tiny babies. Mums and small children in coffee shops who have no consideration for other customers. People who just can't live without mobile phones. Three moans for the price of one!

Why go there? Because Café Nero do the best coffee in town.

:wall:

robcarrich
Concorde
Concorde

Post by robcarrich »

Not so much annoyed as very sad.
It would seem to me that the letter, or should I say le__er “T” has all but disappeared from spoken English.
It can be used at the beginning of a word but nowhere else, just ask that lovely songbird Ri_a Ora or any of her pop accomplices.
To make this situation be__er I would suggest that a quick flick through the “Oxford”, and maybe the odd singing lesson, would not go amiss.
Maybe its a conspiracy to dumb us all down, who knows.
Roll over WS.

RobR

Tomliner
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by Tomliner »

I agree with all that’s been posted so far. At least I haven’t got too wound up yet, I leave that to others!
RobR I haven’t yet worked out why Captain Kirk should roll over. :wasntme: ;) EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

ChrisHunt
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ChrisHunt »

So, what really annoys me? ;)

Currently BT. I've spent more hours than I would like and will never get back trying to resolve problems with our broadband connection and have been promised engineers that were either the wrong type or didn't turn up as advertised.

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by nigelb »

DaveG wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 09:01
:rant:
:agree: Oh yes, that makes me cringe every time I hear it. My other real annoyance is with those that can't stop using their mobile phones in social situations even when someone is speaking to them. One reason I am one of the five people in the world who does not own a mobile phone.

Nigel²

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

A couple of weeks back while the wife and I were on holiday, we were sitting in the hotel restaurant and there was a table of a dozen or so far eastern tourists next to us. Every single one of them was staring at their phones. No conversation between them at all. Their guide was trying to collect orders but was pretty much being ignored. 8)
At least they were quiet though. :lol:
Dave G.

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Filonian »

I can agree with most of the posts/gripes, but you just have to love the person responsible for the sign on the door of the Park & Ride waiting room near me - "Automatic Door, push button to operate." Amuses me every time I use that bus.

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.