What Things Really Annoy You?

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: What Things Really Annoy You?

Post by Filonian »

Paul K wrote:
21 Nov 2018, 10:38
Here's ( yet ) another thing that annoys me - people who use that upward inflection of the voice at the end of every sentence? They can't say anything without turning into a query? Even my daughters, both with English firsts, do it ?

Moderators ? I think this should be a sticky ? We're all getting older and will find more and more to annoy us ? Thank you ?
:lol: :lol: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Tomliner
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by Tomliner »

I think that this upward inflection is Australian in origin so maybe we should blame Mike! :agree: :hide: EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

I will second the motion if it pleases the court.

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

airboatr wrote:
21 Nov 2018, 15:17
I will second the motion if it pleases the court.

Brian :hide:

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yul be sorry.

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

That was a no Brynner ...

:wasntme:

emfrat
Concorde
Concorde
Location: 50 DME West of Brisbane, Ugarapul and Kitabul country in Sunny Qld

Post by emfrat »

Small cars pretending to be parking spots at the supermarket :rant:
MikeW

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Flaming taxis drivers :rant: always driving as though they are in a race, pushing in front and out from junctions and very rarely stick to the speed
limits :rant:

As they are driving professionally and are charging fees to carry passengers they should all have to undergo a strict and tough driving test to gain their Private Hire or Rank licences from the councils. I remember Lincoln City Council thought about testing licensed taxis drivers and there was an uproar.....why? We're they afraid that they could not match the required standard to pass the test? Judging by their driving I very much doubt it as when leaving work at 03.00hrs in the morning they used to speed passed as though I was at walking speed....just makes my blood boil!! :rant:

Although I am 67 years old I would be quite happy to take a driving test when I reach 70 if the government chose to change the laws even an advanced one at that as I did in 1995.

Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

alemaobaiano
Trident
Trident

Post by alemaobaiano »

One thing that has recently started getting my goat is sports commentators here constantly blabbering on about "soshal mejya" instead of the event they are supposed to be covering.

I was trying to watch the Scotland v RSA rugby test last weekend, which for the first half was fine, the original audio was available, but after the interval the audio feed failed and I had to suffer the local muppets. I had to turn off the sound after repeated references to hashtags, twatter and farcebook, and how the folks from "some-crappy-town-that-nobody-has-ever-heard-of rugby club" were now watching.

I DON"T CARE :wall: I want to know why, for example, the penalty was overturned, not that Ze was sat in front of his TV.

It was the same for the NASCAR play-offs, with the added annoyance of idiots sending their videos to be shown on TV. The US coverage was abysmal, but at least they talked about the actual races, not who posted what on twatter.

TTFN

A quick bonus gripe..........Brazilian football commentators are rated on how long they can scream GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, now some clown on ESPN has started doing the same for American football, but trying to drag out TOUCHDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWN instead. I simply can't watch any game if the original audio isn't available.
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. – Terry Pratchett

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

Paranoid people annoy me.

I don't trust them.