VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Globitz
Comet
Comet

I Crashed !!!

Post by Globitz »

Hi Guys,

Just a quick message to apologise as it appears that I recorded as a crash coming into Glasgow in G-BAZI this afternoon.
I think I know what caused it it's just frustrating that it happened after the client had recorded the Parkiing Brake going on. I must say that the client does some strange thing s in XPlane, as soon as the brakes come on it registers as the Parking Brake and ends the flight!!

Once again sorry for this happening and if I cannot trust the client with XPlane I may have to stop flying for CBFS for a while as I don't want this to happen agian, it's not fair on the VAs reputation!!

Andy
Cheers

Andy

They did give a million monkeys a million typewriters. They call it the internet!
ImageImage

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: I Crashed !!!

Post by blanston12 »

Globitz wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 14:24
Hi Guys,

Just a quick message to apologise as it appears that I recorded as a crash coming into Glasgow in G-BAZI this afternoon.
I think I know what caused it it's just frustrating that it happened after the client had recorded the Parkiing Brake going on. I must say that the client does some strange thing s in XPlane, as soon as the brakes come on it registers as the Parking Brake and ends the flight!!

Once again sorry for this happening and if I cannot trust the client with XPlane I may have to stop flying for CBFS for a while as I don't want this to happen agian, it's not fair on the VAs reputation!!

Andy
Flag the flight as 'needs review' on the FSA website, they will delete it for us. Did X-Plane itself register a crash? Had you had a crash before you started this flight in FSA? It does sounds like strange behavior. They have a beta client that may have some fixes that may help.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Globitz
Comet
Comet

Post by Globitz »

It was a strange one. I did have a hard landing -300fps but quite normal. As the Autobrakes kicked in, the client registered the parking brakes and gave the ding-dong, at which point X-Plane froze for a few second and came back with me registering a crash in the client!

X-Plane itself did not register it as a crash just the client!!

I shall have a look for the beta client and see what that does.
Flight marked for review, with the explanation that I gave above!
Cheers

Andy

They did give a million monkeys a million typewriters. They call it the internet!
ImageImage

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Post by adysmith »

300 feet per SECOND is an extremely hard landing, 300 feet per minute would not register as a hard landing.

The aircraft is showing as status 80.6%, which would tend to indicate a bit of a thump!

I will put it in for maintenance right away.
ImageImage
Old pilots never die, they just run out of runway.

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Post by adysmith »

Well I would but the FSA system won't let me, has a red dot against it and no spanner showing to allow maintenance!
ImageImage

Globitz
Comet
Comet

Post by Globitz »

Hi Adrian,

Yes I agree that -300 is rather a hard landing, looking through all of the books I have on early 737 and 727, anywhere from -175 to -350 would appear to be acceptable aslong as it was within G-Limits.
As an aside, I do find it interesting that within the flightsim community, just how much emphasis is put on Landing v-speed whereas in real life that tends not to be a factor as long as a landing is within limits. Too many streamers and You tubers strive for a low landing rate when actually too low a rate is as bad as too high a rate!
The reason that you may be unable to perform maintenance as I took the advice given and have flagged the flight for review!
Cheers

Andy

ImageImage

Globitz
Comet
Comet

Post by Globitz »

This from an FAA/NTSB report into a 767 that landed so hard that the outer skin was creased!

A hard landing is defined as a landing with a vertical acceleration of more than 2.6 g at the center of gravity or:
-a vertical speed (v/s) of more than 600 ft/min.
Cheers

Andy

ImageImage

Globitz
Comet
Comet

Post by Globitz »

Thanks for the tip Joe,

Flight marked as deleted!
Cheers

Andy

ImageImage

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Post by adysmith »

Globitz wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 18:16
Too many streamers and You tubers strive for a low landing rate when actually too low a rate is as bad as too high a rate!
Absolutely, on anything other than a dry clear runway a positive touchdown is required in order to allow the brakes to work effectively.
ImageImage