MSFS SDK

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveG
The Gurus

Re: MSFS SDK

Post by DaveG »

Yep. Although I can't get the model from Max into Blender with the animations intact at the moment, and obviously I haven't looked at materials yet. Oh, and it's flying backwards! :lol:
Dave G.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

These DeHavilland designs were way ahead of there time 😂
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

DaveG wrote:
21 Aug 2020, 16:30
Getting somewhere, but not very far yet. :lol:

But certainly far enough to make many people happy. Your Rapide has become part of the flight sim furniture, so I am delighted at the prospect of flying it in MSFS. Thanks Dave.

:cheers:

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

The Rapide was always my "test" model for new stuff. Hopefully I'll get the animations and materials sorted soon.
Been fiddling about this evening & now I can get it to display in sim at all! :wall: Not sure what I've done, probably a config gone awry somehwhere. :dunno:
Dave G.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

What we could really do with is a tool to display the model using the SIM without it being in the SIM. Its an absolute pain in the arse. That AI ship I was playing with the other day is actually listed as an object in the Dev mode object explorer, but can I see it, can I hell. I'm pretty sure its wrong anyway, I think the export from MCX as a Wavefront Object does something with the axis.

I see someone else has put another tutorial up on FSD so going to have a look at that now.

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threa ... ry.448469/

ImageImageImage

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Ben

What file format are you trying to view ?

I have deep exploration 6.5 that i use for most file types

Rick

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

It’s those new gltf files, but with the MSFS extensions. I can view it in the built in Windows 10 3D object viewer, but so far haven’t managed it in the Sim. I’m working through a scenery tutorial that one of the guys over at FSDeveloper has done and I’ve managed to get a basic runway down. Later on in the tutorial there is information on adding Objects so hoping that I can make some progress there.

Blender seems to like importing the Collada models I did in SketchUp years ago, so I’ll start with those. They’re not really good enough, but they’re better than the defaults, and if I can get them to the right locations in the sim, I’ll be happy with that. The built in Terraforming options in the Dev tools look really useful.

I’ve started having a play... nothing more than that, with Blender and have made a boat shape... like a 5 year old would do. I always struggled with textures in GMax and FSDS, I could never get my head around it no matter how many time you and DG explained it to me, but with SketchUp it was easy. I’m hoping with these Blender tutorials the penny finally drops.

ImageImageImage

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

iv'e not had a proper look yet :lol:

almost got my Unrecognised by M$ FS2020 "M$ Sidewinder2" working as it did in FSX P3d now :rant:

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

If it’s any consolation mate, I unplugged my sidewinder because I couldn’t figure it out in the alpha, plugged in the x52 and it still didn’t work. After days of :rant: I managed to get the main axis defined and even managed to sort slew mode last night.... although it doesn’t work when you enable developer mode. Gary at UK2000 has just told me I need to hold down control and use the mouse. :thumbsup:

The mouse should be more accurate I guess, but so much is trial and error.

ImageImageImage

GHD
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by GHD »

Yes, it took me over an hour to get my idewinder working.

i am still figuring out how to get a top-down view and being able to slew with thr joystick.
George