MSFS 2020 First Impressions

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: MSFS 2020 First Impressions

Post by TSR2 »

It’s made by Facebook, the court rests your honour 😂

Sorry, I know that’s not helpful
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Well chaps, I've updated tonight to SU7. 37GB on my system. I've no intention of buying the Reno air races addon pack so can't comment on that.

Photogrammetry of Newcastle is now included and as its my city, its nice to see. Its the first time I've been able to comment on this as its somewhere I'm very familiar with. First impressions are that it really does add realism, and covers from Newcastle & Gateshead down to the North Sea about 2 miles North and South of the Tyne. So there are all of the Newcastle landmarks, there are cranes at Shepard Offshore etc, and there are even 3 wind turbine jackets anchored up at the North side of the river not far from the old Swan Hunter yard, as they were a few years ago. Even the massive rolls for the under sea cables are there and we have Tynemouth Priory and Collingwood monument.

Now I jumped into the Hawk for this quick flight and was averaging 220 kts at around 1000ft. It does take a while to process the 3D images and you can see the objects changing from triangles to more recognisable objects as you fly by. It might be better in something slower. The main gripe is that every bit of green space that isn't obviously a playing field or park is covered in trees. Tyneside is obviously trying to do it bit to make up for deforestation in the Amazon.

The other thing I've noticed is that Henriks ships are now partially submerged... I'm saying its one of Henriks, but I couldn't absolutely say as it was a mast and a funnel heading down the Tyne.

All of the assistance options have also been reset to easy, which is a bit irritating on first flight, but easy to change.

ImageImageImage

Steve M
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Steve M »

Likewise updated this evening and had a flight over Newcastle. Flew in from Gosforth past the Town Moor and Civic Centre, past the city hall and down to Central Station before a run down the Tyne. It looks good but even with crash disbled there is something hard over the city which knocks the plane into a spin. It certainly does look good though and I'm hoping to do a low level down Northumberland Street next week to have a look at Fenwicks Window ! :lol:

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

No problems with the download Same as Ben, not bothered about Reno races Just made sure I had 9 content files updated as well.
Tried the dx12 beta setting. Spawned at Heathrow with the fbw neo (can't remember what gate, 523 I think ) and checked frame rate and gpu memory use. I could see no particular visual improvement, but dx12 gave me lower frame rates. I could make it drop to 24 when panning. (Dx 11 is locked solid at 30) , and as I expected greater memory usage 5.02 gb as opposed to 4.5 with the same test in dx11. I will stick with dx11 for now
Had a quick flight in the volocopter Interesting to say the least 😏
Dale
Image Image Image

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

I’m just downloading 1.21.13.0…

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

TSR2 wrote:
18 Nov 2021, 21:56
The other thing I've noticed is that Henriks ships are now partially submerged... I'm saying its one of Henriks, but I couldn't absolutely say as it was a mast and a funnel heading down the Tyne.
:doh: :lol:

Brian

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Actually, he’s clarified it’s only in Rivers (and has always been like that apparently) waiting on Asobo to fix. 😁

ImageImageImage