VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Beech King Air Delivery

Post by blanston12 »

Leg 8, Osaka/RJBB to Tokyo Narita/RJAA 265 nm

Originally I was going to fly Directly to Sapporo/RJCC 586 nm but decided to break it into two legs to see more scenery, unfortunatly for reasons I can't explain, I did not save any screen shots for leg 9, Tokyo to Sapporo so here are some extra's for the Osaka/Tokyo leg.

Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Love the detail of the zig zag mountain tracks on Fuji. Amazing!
Dale
Image Image Image

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Leg 10, Sapporo/RJCC to Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky/UHPP 915 nm.

Flight started normally, early I tried to activate the autothrottle using the FLC button but could not seam to get it to work. It was quite cloudy over Petropavlovsk, but when I tried to land even though I had full flaps and gear down and throttle at 0% the aircraft would not drop below the stall speed, I tried twice to land and the AC would not slow down and when getting near the end of the runway I gave it power to go around. Finally on attempt three after crossing over the threshold I shut the engines off and managed to come to a stop on the runway, I wonder if this was caused by my playing with the FLC button but can't say for sure, will be sure to avoid that in the future. Here are the screen shots.

Joe Cusick,

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Joe, the King Air should have reverse props on it unless that has not been modelled!! Equally, with the Airfoilabs King Air I have in X-Plane 11 to reduce speed which is extremely difficult for some reason, set the props fully forward so that propeller drag is increased and keep throttles closed, helps a bit but not much!!

Sorry if this is deemed to suck eggs but may well be they have modelled the King Air 350 diferently in MS2020

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Must admit I've not tried the flc setting. Some people say its not modelled correct and it just locks the selected speed. :dunno: I just use v/s mode and set the throttles accordingly
The reverse props are simulated Nigel, and are quite effective, but to select, its toggle on, toggle off. Without looking down to the reversers in the vc you're not sure if you have actually actuated them, before pushing the throttle forward to slow you down. Its OK if you've 1000m or so of runway still in front of you, you've got time to look.
Dale
Image Image Image

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Looks like it could do with a few upgrades then, the one I have takes a looooong time to slow down and can be very frustrating at times and then the reversers, well, it only takes about 100yds to stop!! :doh:

Regards
Nigel
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Leg 11, Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky/UHPP to Anadyr/UHMA nm 909

A less eventful flight than the last one. I avoided the FLC button and had no surprises when I tried to land. I set the start time to just after dawn, which was after 10am local time, by the time I got to my destination it was basically sunset, at just after 2pm. Here are the screen shots.

Takeoff
Heading north
A clear spot
Where are the de-icing switches
Nearing destination
Airport building was a bit boring and it was dark, so I will stop shots here.
Joe Cusick,

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Leg 12, Anadyr/UHMA to Anchorage/PANC, 897 nm

Just so happened the current UTC time was just at sunrise in eastern Russia, so I went with it. Arrived just after sunset with the aircraft icing up. When I tried to contact the tower initially said they were IFR only but MSFS has a 'override' I could select so I could still get clearance to land. Eight pics this time, cause the atmospherics were quite amazing and I found it hard editing them. I promise I am not trying to impersonate Aharon with is FSX glamour shots. Here are the screen shots.

Joe Cusick,

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Leg 13, Anchorage/PANC to Juneau/PAJN 495 nm

Something went wrong with the screen captures and I only got this one shot saved. I will make up for it on the next one. I have been using Gadwin Printscreen but the behavior is strange. One thing I don't like about Gadwin is that you have to confirm the image before it saves it and when it does it uses the time you saved it in the file name, not the time you captured it. But somehow by having it active it enables Dropbox to start saving screen shots also, which is a total mystery to me but it works, at least it does when I reboot the machine and start Gadwin before I start the flight, otherwise it may not capture any. Here is the one shot it saved.

Joe Cusick,

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Leg 14, Juneau/PAJN to Calgary/CYYC, 831 nm

Got the screen capture working this time, daylight start in Juneau meant darkness in Calgary. It was clear around Juneau so got a few good shots, rest of the flight was cloudy so not much good scenery there. Again I promise I am not trying to impersonate Aharon with is FSX glamour shots. Here are the screen shots.

Ready for takeoff, bit snowy
Looking back at PAJN
Nice reflections
Could not decide between the two so had both
Glaciers
Need to find the de-icing switches
FL 280, set for 55 GPH
Dramatic sky, descending into Calgary
Approaching the Calgary, you can see the airport lights.
Joe Cusick,