Usage of CBFS Model

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

morgant757
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Usage of CBFS Model

Post by morgant757 »

Hi there,

First post here on the forum, awesome work on the aircraft in the library here. I've flown many hours in FSX in aircraft I downloaded from this site back before I made the transition over to P3D v4/5.

I am currently in the process of creating an airport scenery in MSFS, and have adapted the Armstrong Whitworth Argosy model and repainted a new texture to mimic G-APRL on display at the Midland Air Museum at Coventry Airport. Currently this is a private project and not anywhere near completion yet.

I ask the question, what are your grounds on usage of models hosted on this site regarding distribution, not as a flyable aircraft, simply as a model I have taken from a package downloaded on the site here, converted it to a static object to be plopped down in the scenery editor in MSFS, and then at some point to be integrated into an airport scenery package to be released as freeware.

Obviously if it is not allowed to use this model I've edited, I will remove it if I come around to actually releasing this scenery in public domain.

I hope someone can help me with this :)

Regards,

Morgan

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Usage of CBFS Model

Post by Vc Ten »

Hi Morgan :hello:
The Argosy is Rick Pipers work. Rick does pop in on the forum quite frequently, but you may be better sending him a private message. I doubt you would get permission from many developers to "hack" their work on a public forum
Dale
Last edited by Vc Ten on 08 Dec 2020, 21:20, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Hello, and welcome.
As Dale has said, the Argosy is one of Rick's models so you'll need his permission.
Dave G.

morgant757
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by morgant757 »

Vc Ten wrote:
08 Dec 2020, 21:17
The Argosy is Rick Pipers work. Rick does pop in on the forum quite frequently, but you may be better sending him a private message. I doubt you would get permission from many developers to "hack" their work on a public forum
Dale
Thanks Dale, and yes, I agree that I have modified the model without consulting him, but as I say I'm looking to find out if he'd be happy with me including it in this scenery package if I ever get round to finishing it. I'll take it up with him via PM, cheers :cheers:

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Let us know if, when you finish your scenery Morgan, there's a few on here migrating to msfs and would be grateful of the Hu on any addon (argosy included or not 😅)
Dale
Image Image Image

morgant757
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by morgant757 »

Vc Ten wrote:
08 Dec 2020, 21:49
Let us know if, when you finish your scenery Morgan, there's a few on here migrating to msfs and would be grateful of the Hu on any addon (argosy included or not 😅)
Dale
Here's a sneak peek of the scenery in it's current form. By no means finished, but gives a better representation of the progress than the previously posted Argosy photo ;)

https://imgur.com/gallery/EaEIeCO

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Welcome, Morgan :hello:
Your gallery looks good to me! :welldone:

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Morgan

its fine by me as long as whoever was credited in the original readme file is credited again and the model is not sold.

does look really good so far.

Regards
Rick Piper

morgant757
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by morgant757 »

Rick Piper wrote:
11 Dec 2020, 17:04
Hi Morgan

its fine by me as long as whoever was credited in the original readme file is credited again and the model is not sold.

does look really good so far.

Regards
Rick Piper
Much appreciated Rick, will do so. Couldn't send you a private message on here as I've not been a member long enough. Thanks again! :cheers:

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

Not a problem Morgan

I remember a group of us visiting Air Atlantique at Coventry a long time ago.

Great memories as a couple of the members have now passed.

Regards
Rick