Taxi/rollout speeds

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Taxi/rollout speeds

Post by Filonian »

Is there a way to increas rollout/taxi speeds in p3dv5.1 please?

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Taxi/rollout speeds

Post by Vc Ten »

Not too sure what you mean Graham :dunno: Is it aircraft or airport specific, or in general?
Can't say I ever had a problem with taxying in P3d Most aircraft would start to roll with just a touch of power applied. Generally it was keeping below 25 kts which was more of a problem. Dont think there is a global "friction" setting. I think it's the aircraft contact points which give the aircraft friction and stop it skating about. But that's specific to each model
Dale
Image Image Image

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tako_Kichi »

There is nothing in an aircraft config file contact point section that would affect rolling friction at all. The only thing that can affect friction between an aircraft and the ground is the type of land class specified in the scenery/airport .bgl file (tarmac vs asphalt vs concrete vs grass etc.). Each of those different surfaces has a unique coefficient of friction assigned to it. Grass for example has a higher friction value than hard surfaces and thus requires more power to get an aircraft moving and less braking pressure to stop an aircraft.
Larry

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Filonian »

Sorry Dale.I meant the ai aircraft. Creeping along to the next exit - causing numerous "go arounds."

Thanks for coming back.

Graham

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Ahh I see Graham :lol: I never used ai aircraft on P3d. I was happy with World of AI with Fsx but the 64 bit P3d put paid to that.
Ai is quite good in Msfs, although at the moment, as in real world, there's not much about. The ground vehicles amuse me sometimes. Just had van blocking the way from me parking up at gate 10 in Manchester. Got within of a few inches before he started up and shot off
Dale
Image Image Image

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tako_Kichi »

Not sure if this info will help Graham as it is for P3D v4 but it seems as though AI taxi speed is a fixed value in P3D but it can be changed apparently. Have a look here: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=127538

Other than that I can't help much as I've never seen/flown/owned any version of P3D. I'm strictly a FSX/FS2004 guy. :worried:
Larry

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Filonian »

Thanks Larry. Just downloaded tried that, but obviously for v4 only as it prevents P3dv5.1 from opening. I gues I'll just have to live with the "go arounds."

Graham