MSFS Aircraft list

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: MSFS Aircraft list

Post by Paul K »

The Boeing 247 is on my list for maybe later in the year. I'm hoping there'll be more news about the Dash 7 sometime soon - that's the one I'm really after.

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Black Box Simulations BN2A Trilander is now out.
https://www.blackboxsimulation.com/inde ... ander-bn2/

I'll probably pick this up at some point, I really like their Islander, and this is apparently a deeper simulation.
Dave G.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Tomorrow sees the launch of the long anticipated PMDG 737 for msfs, at an initial promotion price of $69.99 :welldone:
Will I buy it? Well most definitely. The work that's gone into it is astounding. Everything will work as it should, like the Fsx/P3d versions, but will look soooooo much better.
Not pressed the button on the Leonardo maddog yet, but I will. Its not such an easy aircraft to get right as say a bus or the 737, definitely more challenging, but satisfying to nail it. People are saying the textures are poor in comparison to the 146 and that Leonardo have not taken advantage of the improved sounds that msfs is capable of.
Well impressed with the 146 from Just Flight. They weren't my favorite publisher /developer before, being disappointed with many of their Fsx offerings. The 146 is not exactly "study level" (don't like that term) but every thing works as it should. Broad range of navigation options and seamless integration of SimBrief and Navigraph which suits me fine ;) Hand-flys great, feels right, looks super. Fuel use is a bit off, which they say will be addressed in the next update.
Image Image Image

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Fenix A320 Airbus released on Fenix.com at 2000z this evening, for a very competitive £49.99.
Looks amazing. I think I've said before. The team behind the flybywire A320 have done an a great job on bringing the default airbus up to a presentable condition, but the Fenix is on a different level
Dale
Image Image Image

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

I won't be getting it. The A320 interests me enough to get the free FBW aircraft, but not enough to pay for the Fenix one. It will be interesting to see how it gets on, however. There's a lot of innovation gone into it, so I hope it survives the sim updates. The PMDG 737 is a 'might have' once the -800 variant is released. The call of the 146 is still strong, but too much else going on in MSFS for me - the DC-6, for example, which I've yet to do much with.

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

I got the PMDG 737 because that's what I fly the most and have been happy with where it's at considering the still massive lack of SDK support for some of the most advanced stuff in-sim (since PMDG wants to be mutli-platform). Unlike the fan bois that are slamming PMDG right now because they are fawning over Fenix, I support PMDG's push to be multi-platform. I think it's a new era of flightsimming, and thus there are 2 legit development paths, and neither is "superior". That PMDG has been able to do so much in-sim through the SDK that previously needed 100% external operation is impressive and shows that Asobo is truly listening to the community and what they want.

I'm really wanting to get the 146, but I'm biding my time for investments, consoling myself with the FlySimWare 414 (it's very nice), the PMDG, and the various free "upgrades" to the default aircraft. It's actually nice that I can enjoy things like the default Airbuses, something I haven't been able to say for a long time.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

The default C152 has always been a favourite of mine in MSFS, and I saw on the SOH forum that an ongoing community enhancement is available for it:

https://flightsim.to/file/2246/msfs-c152-community

Here's some rough and ready comparison shots of the cockpit. The enhancement provides a new radio stack including DME, an autopilot, modern ADF, new cockpit lighting controls etc. The doors and windows also now open, and the flap animation is more accurate, apparently. Revised aerodynamics too. It appears in the aircraft menu as a new aircraft, the JPLogistics Cessna 152, with or without wheel fairings. A really great mod, and the autopilot turns the humble 152 into a very nice little tourer.

Old default panel:

New JPLogistics panel:

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Not payware, but a certain Hawker Hunter has just been released over at flightsim.to, and should be in the library here soon as well. ;)

Dave G.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Superb! Thanks Dave - downloaded it and looking forward to trying it out later. It looks lovely. :thumbsup:

Silversim
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Silversim »

Thank you Dave :welldone: I've been so looking forward to getting re-aquainted with II(AC) FR10 RAF Gutersloh circa 1970/71 :)

Gina
It's so nice to be insane, nobody asks you to explain.