Global Classic A.I. Ship Traffic V1, Ship Locator

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Global Classic A.I. Ship Traffic V1, Ship Locator

Post by FlyTexas »

The other day I spotted an FSX utility on simviation.com. This utility, by Carl Vokes, allows you to locate vessels in Henrik Nielsen's Global Classic A.I. Ship add-on.

The utility uses Google Earth. When you launch the utility Google Earth opens and you can see various ship routes from around the globe. In particular I wanted to find the infamous ship 'Flying Enterprise'. I found this ship sailing on route 3001 from Liverpool.

From there I opened the Liverpool Route 3001 file and found that the ship departed Liverpool today at 13:04.

After positioning my trusty hovercraft in the middle of the Mersey I soon saw a ship approaching billowing plenty of black smoke...I knew it had to be her.
Sure enough the 'Flying Enterprise' sailed past, began doing some crazy spinning maneuvers, and then sailed on. :lol:

Brian

edit-
Meanwhile, in New York City...

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Global Classic A.I. Ship Traffic V1, Ship Locator

Post by Paul K »

That's a nice model of the Flying Enterprise. No doubt this time it reaches it's destination. ;)

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

Paul K wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 23:28
That's a nice model of the Flying Enterprise. No doubt this time it reaches it's destination. ;)
Well? :worried:

Brian

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

:( Could they not have made an exception ? Mind you, that A.I. ship add-on is excellent. I had it in P3D, and I loved looking out for ships around the coast and Channel.

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

Paul K wrote:
09 Apr 2021, 13:24
:( Could they not have made an exception ? Mind you, that A.I. ship add-on is excellent. I had it in P3D, and I loved looking out for ships around the coast and Channel.
I haven't seen the wreck in FSX, but I have seen the model in ModelConverterX. It is strange that they have a wreck that sails around on its own. :dunno:

Brian