Quest 2 owners and Maybe Other VR Users

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Quest 2 owners and Maybe Other VR Users

Post by Nigel H-J »

Found this on You Tube, you might already know about this video called Stop Using your Link Cable Wrong. The guy that made this video is well up on his knowledge and if you decide to watch it then be warned. He goes at Mach 2, I had to pause the video so I could catch up on his instructions!! :lol:

Whether this may work for other headsets I am not sure but tried it for myself and.............not sure whether it is working any quicker but that might be because I don't know what to look for when using it!! :dunno:

If you do have the Quest and fins a difference then please let me know so I am prepared, he calls it the dark side of Quest 2 :OB:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERnRVLEjqoQ

Regards
Nigel
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Re: Quest 2 owners and Maybe Other VR Users

Post by Airspeed »

These young blokes! :doh:
I'm going to connect jumper leads to my ears and see if I can keep up with him.
TBH, he seems to waste a heap of time repeating that the original cables and settings are poor. Time better spent on going through the corrective action at a reasonable speed. Still, our Grandsons seem to operate rapidly when it comes to computers. Different story when you ask them to put their boots on, wash the dishes, or any other RW activity. :dunno:

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Quest 2 owners and Maybe Other VR Users

Post by Nigel H-J »

These young blokes! :doh:
I'm going to connect jumper leads to my ears and see if I can keep up with him.
TBH, he seems to waste a heap of time repeating that the original cables and settings are poor. Time better spent on going through the corrective action at a reasonable speed. Still, our Grandsons seem to operate rapidly when it comes to computers. Different story when you ask them to put their boots on, wash the dishes, or any other RW activity. :dunno:
Can't agree more Mike, young people seem to have taken to technology a lot quicker than us old 'uns. :lol:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.